I haz passive radiators.

Hmmmm Id like to try them but Id need to do more reading to figure out how they work...
You add weight to them hence raising or lowering the tuning. Depending on how much power you are running and the size of the woofer(s) tells you the size and how many you will need. Typically you go up one size of the size of the sub you are using a pr with.

You add weight to them hence raising or lowering the tuning. Depending on how much power you are running and the size of the woofer(s) tells you the size and how many you will need. Typically you go up one size of the size of the sub you are using a pr with.
Easy enough... Im not sure what Ill be running though at the moment..

I have been thinkin about a PR design for a little while, but they are definitely not as popular as either sealed or ported. There's not too many PR's out there. The VMP's look nice, but expensive! And I haven't seen any others with any kind of decent specs as those.

Anyway, how did you figure out box dimensions? What kind oof internal space did you use, as compared to what was suggested or required for those 8's in a ported box? From what I have seen, a PR box would be almost the exact same internal volume, and it's only smaller because you don't need to add the dimensions of the port, correct?

But your box looks awesome! Kudos on that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.