I have TC Sounds question?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TCSoundsFan

SD
Well actually a few. First I've noticed that when people post TCs they usually have number with name in headline at first I assumed it had something to do with diameter but now it seems it has to do with motor is that correct? Also if it does have to do with motor can u predict max and rms power by motor? And if so what would b rms on image of sub I just posted on here? One more thing can I upgrade motor on this sub for more power handling? Oh sorry one more thing I was told that since my TC has silver cone it's from b4 Parts Express started selling them does anyone know? And if I am able to change motor for more power would I then have to upgrade top to match r can that stay same? Thank u for your time. It's a quad coil 1.2 ohmsView attachment 26553835

That looks like a 3HP. Yeah, TC has several different motors ie TC2+, TC7, TC9, 3hp, 4hp and a couple others. RMS will be largely determined by the voice coil (thermal) and suspension (mechanical), (collectively called soft parts). IMHO more power isn't always preferable depending on your end goals. You can change soft parts if you wish and likely eek out more power handling

The 3hp is a solid motor by itself. How much power do you want the sub needs to take?

Looks like TC3000 to me as well. A great platform, not much room for improvement really. You could build it up to handle more power perhaps at the expense of musicality, or you could switch the motor with the Neodymium 3hp (if you can find one) to save weight, but otherwise just roll with it. Should be pretty close to indestructible on 1500W continuous.

You can generally predict continuous power handling of a woofer by the coil. 100W X coil diameter (in inches) X layers. Give or take depending how thick the coil is. For example, I've seen some 4 layer coils that have more meat to them than the 8 layer coils they put into the TC3000. The TC3K performs really well in small-ish box tuned low.

Ok thanks. Ok like when I saw the uh I think it was 5200 it was also a 15 but the magnet was larger in diameter. Are these motors interchangeable? If so what else would have to b changed? And I jus got a Vibe BlackDeath Bass 1 amp at half ohm it's 3500 watts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.