• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 603
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

HELLP!!!! I am looking to set up a system in my car (00 solara), and have NO clue where to start. I have a double din head unit:

KenwoodDPX-4020

i want to get 2 12" subs - but have no clue what kind is good or not. and a box and an amp to go with it but im afraid i will waiste money on an amp that has too much power for the subs.

im looking for clean, precise bass that is loud but not rediculously loud where it hurts ur ears to be in my car, get me? money isnt THAT big of an issue but i dont want to go over like $1200

thanks guys i hope u can help me!!!

- T

It should be fairly easy to reach your goals: First rule though: You can never...ever...have too much power. If you feel that your amp has too much power, your installer can adjust the gains so that you are not using as much of the amps total output, in doing so your amp will provide a cleaner sound.

Second part: If you are new and don't really understand what you are doing, get yourself to your local shop and tell them what your expectations are. You should be able to find a good pair of subs for under $400...If you can spend some time listening, listen to as many different brands as possible...if not, you can run with some of the top brands and be really happy: JL Audio, Kicker, Eclipse...

An amp that will run those fairly well will be about $400 also. Again, listen to a few if possible, or stay with another of the top brands...JL Audio, Kicker, PPI, Rockford, Zapco. Make sure that you have either of the following: Adjustable sub woofer output on your head unit or, and this is really the better way to do it; a low pass electronic crossover built into the amp.

Last is the install...box should run about $300 or so...maybe a tad more if you get them to countersink the amp in the box so it looks good...then probably another $100 on misc. parts.

This will give you a great start on a good system...and if you ever get more serious, this type of system would be very easy to upgrade in the future.

thank you for that info it helped me alot i appreciate it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.