Need A little Help Deciding

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sound Gorillaz
10+ year member

Hello Car Audiophiles,

I am looking to find some help with my system. I am starting fresh cause I just got a new car. All I have at the moment is my head unit, which is a Rockford Fosgate RF9300X MP3 player. Now I am looking for the best set of sumbs and speakers to put in my 1996 Chrysler/Dodge Intrepid. I have been looking at Lightning Audio, Fusion, Cerwin Vega...... But I am not having any luck making a decision.

I am looking to get components for up front....(thinking 6.5") and two-ways for the back. I also have two 3.5" in the dash but might not use them or replace them.

For subs I would like to get three 12" or 10". But need suggestions for what type and set-up. I would like a little room in the trunk but that is willingly sacrificed for awesome sound.

So any help would be great.

Thanks From

Sound Gorillaz

i would go with a $19.99 box from roadmaster. 2 5 inch subs. get a roadmaster 80watt amp for $30.00.

Very Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

I was looking for some help...... Nothing like putting cheap equipment with a $1000 head unit!

Sound Gorillaz

lots of questions beforew we can help you man.

Do you have any old equipment you can out in there right away? What kind of box do you want? Is there a price limit? If not I have a system to put in. 2 JLW7's each with their own 1000.1 Fosgate amp. For 6.5's Carwin Vega HED speakers and for the 3.5's POLK. This is a madd mix of brands but my buddy has that and 4 aura bass shakers under each seat and under the dash there is 6 more. This thumps the hell out of the car. Last suggestion do what my Brother did. Go ALL Rockford Fosgate since you have a 1000$$ RF HU.

Jordan

Corsica,

That sounds like a good set up. But here is what I was looking at and haven't decided yet. I was looking at a set of FUSION fsc-65 (6.5") components up front, eliminate the pair of 3.5" in the dash, and a set of .FUSION fs-692 (2-way 6x9's) in the back. I might consider later adding a pair of kick panels in with components as well to get louder.

For subs I was first looking at a single Cerwin Vega Vega 15", using a Power Accoustic 1600 watt amp. But then I started looking at the Lightning Audio Storm 12" subs, but then I heard the are having trouble with the dual-voice coils in them. Then I started looking at the Fusion lines and they are looking good.

But I am looking for suggestions, that's why I posted here. Any help would be good help.

Thanks

Sound Gorillaz

I got a friend who can sell you a 15 inch Sony Xplod sub and MTX box for 75 dollars. It been used sparingly for 3 months and is still in excellent condition. It BUMPS. Only thing is you have to get to NY for it, cause i got someone else looking for it. Leave a post or email BobCatKD@Aol.com

The Sony Sub will bump...then blow. Sony subs do sound okay but they are not worth crap. I don't understand how such a great electronics company makes such crappy subs.

Not really looking for a Sony sub. It is true...... A great company for electronics but can't make car speakers or subs worth crap. I had a sony HU in my last car. It was good

I don't have any of my old stuff.

I had a Sony HU, Bluapunkt 4x6"s, JBL 3-way 6x9's and a 12" MTX Thunder 2000 sub in a sealed box being ran by a 400 watt Pyramid amp.

It wasn't bad. It was the very first system I put together on my own. But sorry to say, I bought my Rockford deck for my new car and trade the Sony one with a relative for a Pioneer deck because his ****** and I sold my car witha cd player in it. the 4x6's and the 6x9's I left in the car. And the sub I pulled all out and sold it for $150.

Sound Gorillaz

Ont. Canada

just naming names, but why not throw 2 or 3 hx2's back there? for 8's mine hit really hard, shakes the hell out of everything in the truck!!! mine are even underpowered by about 200 watts. anyway, just a thought. put them in a ported box with a jl 500.1 on each one and thump away.

Kent,

Thanks for the response. I had thought about putting Rockford Fosgate subs in but I want to compete and everyone that competes around where I live runs Rockford. I am not saying that they are not good but I think that a compitition where everyone runs the same equipment that there wouldn't be much of a difference. Yes different cars can give different outputs but I just want to have a different setup..

I said different a whole lot in that little blurb, but I do want to have a different setup.

Sound Gorillaz

well first of all you wanting to do sq or spl? if in either case get the rule book out before you even start worring about what to run. get ideas and design the system to the rules of installation -why? so you dont over look anything and lose easy points

second of all consentrate on imaging/staging of your system. then come the 2 easiest parts tonal balance and subs........ you need subs in step 2 but its really the most constant thing you will have unless you will be using digital sound processors. analog will alway change with heat and humidity.

back when i was in sound offs imaging ment alot more than it does now but it is still the differance between the good cars and the great cars

audiolife

I want to compete in spl but have a good sounding system for everyday driving as well. What I was looking at last to install was :

FUSION FSC-65 in the front doors

FUSION FS-692 in the rear deck

FUSION FJL-1211x2

FUSION FJL-1211d running the 2 subs

FUSION FP4-1000X running the rest of the system

Sound Gorillaz

fussion is ok stuff (the main distributor for fussion in the us is 17 miles away from me in hicksville ohio) lol yes hicksville. but i think of it as i would audiobahn its good but not great. not saying greeatness cant be achieved with it you will just have to work a little harder to get the edge, but then again it depends on who and what u are competing against and how far you want to go but from what you said earlier from what your friends have you would diffinatly hold your own and if local people are who you are looking to beat then you should be right in the thick of the race..unless you have 20 people in your class all looking to win db drag world finals:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.