I have a small problem with my speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Konstantin
10+ year member

Chile
Today I found out that my rearview mirrors make my speakers sound weird. I have a '04 4runner and the mirrors are electric...today I had to adjust them a little and I found out that the mirror's engine noise comes out from the tweeters.

First I thought the engines went bad and were sounding too much, but I turned off the radio and the noise was gone. What could be causing this? Bad wiring? Tweeter too close to the mirror's engine?

If it's only a problem when you adjust your mirrors, is it a big deal? I mean, I dunno about you, but personally I don't adjust my mirrors very often.

I'd guess it's prolly an issue of either the signal wires running near the ground point for the mirrors or something similar. Maybe you could find the wiring for the mirror motors and re-route it somewhere else?

Well, its not really a big deal since I never adjust them but still, it shouldnt do that.

But oh well, its summer here in a about a month from now so I will have time to rewire everything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.