I have 8 12s ts-w3001d4 want to know if all can go in a trunk of a 85 SS and be crazy

get your dimensions of your trunk and figure out how big of a box you can get in there and pm ram_designs, he builds boxes and could definitely design you what you need for a reach around:naughty:
just a side note but he doesnt build boxes for other people, at least the last time i checked he didnt,

op if you need a good box builder then get a hold of ami creations,

just a side note but he doesnt build boxes for other people, at least the last time i checked he didnt,
op if you need a good box builder then get a hold of ami creations,
I was thinking he wants to build his own box and being a different type of design I wouldnt want to design it myself.

yessir, pm him he's a little //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/waycrazy.gif.f4a380c3f94043939fd369defd9e6be2.gif tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Measure the trunk and see if you can get 4 12's in there. If so, go with an Iso box. You can do a sealed or ported, but you box would be smaller for either. The ported box is going to be much bigger than the sealed box either way.

Measure the trunk and see if you can get 4 12's in there. If so, go with an Iso box. You can do a sealed or ported, but you box would be smaller for either. The ported box is going to be much bigger than the sealed box either way.
I'm sure the OP will be pleased to read this great information that has already been presented to him prior in the thread.

look dude, your local, im local.

bring your car over here, we will go over some options, i got the loudest in jax, high 53s on music and its a daily driver.

Pm me your number deff wana link up with ya. I watch your vids that is some serious sound. Ya man im tryin to go all out maybe that loud not sure yet but ill get ya.

It can be done...

... I tried to convience my homie to put 8 of the Pioneer Premier Champion series 3000s in his '85 Monte Carlo SS - But he didn't want to spend the money to buy 4 more... So I built him an enclosure for 4 - He is running them off a Cadence ZRS-9000 ( WAY TOO MUCH POWER FOR ONLY 4... )

.. And there was PLENTY of room for 4 more... But let NOONE tell you any different bro. It will knock the trunk loose.

The 4 my homie has, has already broke the weld for the trunk latch, knocked off the passenger tail light, you can forget the rear view mirror, rear window needs constant sealing, and the gas tank dropped. ( If he was sitting up so high, it would have snapped itself right from under the whip - if it woulda touched the ground ).

Here goes a picture of the enclosure I did for him - I'll text him and see if he'll send a picture with the subs in it. ( Doesn't really like to show pictures of his setup... ) DON'T ASK ME THE DIMENSIONS OR CUBIC FEET... I forgot - I can't even find the plans for it.

412s.jpg

And you DO NOT need 2 amps to run that...

... You can wire each subwoofer to 8ohm & that will give you a " 1 OHM LOAD " at the amp...

( you'll just have to find some power @ 1 ohm ) - YOU NEED ATLEAST 6K RMS! - ( all 8 would be 8k rms... but would who really know the difference.... Please have only 2 subs that need 1500rms as the pair and they only giving them 800 - 1200 rms... So oh well! )

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.