I have $700 to get 4 speakers, 1 Head unit, 2 subs, 1 amp - Here's my list so far:

The system will be going in a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

Here's what I'm currently looking at:

SUBS

Two 10" Pioneer TS-W260S4 (I already have a box for them)

Pioneer TS-W260S4 (tsw260s4) 10" Single 4-Ohm Champion Series Car Subwoofer

REAR SPEAKERS

Alpine SPS-619

Alpine SPS-619 (SPS619) 6" x 9" 3-Way Type-S Coaxial Car Speakers

FRONT SPEAKERS

JBL MS-52C - (I'm still not sure if I want these)

JBL MS-52C 5-1/4" 2-Way MS Component Car Speakers System (MS52C)

AMP

PIONEER GM-D8604

Pioneer GM-D8604 4-Channel 600W GM Digital Series Car Amplifier

OR

Kenwood KAC-9105D

Kenwood KAC-9105D Monoblock Performance Series1800W Class-D Amplifier

HEAD UNIT - I'm still looking around but here's are a couple I'm looking at.

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X397

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X397 In-Dash Single DIN USB/CD Car Stereo Receiver Made for iPhone

OR

Pioneer DEH-X6500BT

Pioneer DEH-X6500BT CD/MP3/USB Car Stereo w/ Bluetooth & Remote

This puts me at right around $600. (Not including wires and installation, etc..)

So I'm curious what it would look like if I were to get a "competition grade" system compared to what I listed above? If you guys could put together a list similar to what I did except competition grade equipment that would AWESOME.

Here's the dimensions I need:

Front speakers - 5.25"

Rear speakers - 6 x 9"

Subs - I'm looking for two 10" subs

Thanks I really appreciate the help.

Don’t buy rears and spend more on your front stage, it's not quantity it’s quality you want and that goes for everything you listed. I would do one good sub and not in a box you have in your closet.

If the box is a prefab. It's not legit if you can put one of the stock fronts in the rear that's blown run them off the deck or just pull them out completely , components up front and one good sub in the right box will sound better and louder. Than 2 crappy subs in a prefab also everything you listed will work but is mediocre at best and that's being nice You might wanna ask around more if you want decent equipment Like I said it will work but prolly won't sound very good

If the box is a prefab. It's not legit if you can put one of the stock fronts in the rear that's blown run them off the deck or just pull them out completely , components up front and one good sub in the right box will sound better and louder. Than 2 crappy subs in a prefab also everything you listed will work but is mediocre at best and that's being nice You might wanna ask around more if you want decent equipment Like I said it will work but prolly won't sound very good
I'm guessing a 'prefab' box is just a wooden enclosure box? If so that's what I have. And it will fit two 10" subs. But ya i'm def going to keep looking around.

I'm guessing a 'prefab' box is just a wooden enclosure box? If so that's what I have. And it will fit two 10" subs. But ya i'm def going to keep looking around.
You can get a custom one made for $175-$225 shipped and would be much better

Yeah that's too much. I'll probably just stick with the box I have now and then upgrade later.
If you can do it yourself you could probably end up paying way way less. The box I made cost roughly $100. And that is because I bought 2 sheets of MDF, paint/primer. If you just buy 1 sheet and decide not to paint it you can do it cheap

EDIT: But i understand some people cant do this, prefabs work fine too as long as its not terrible

Yeah that's too much. I'll probably just stick with the box I have now and then upgrade later.
love it ask for help and don't take any of it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

You do understand hes on a budget and thats going to add a significant amount of money
what did I say that would add alot of money? All I said was don't get rears and spend that on the front stage, and suggested to get one sub with a good box.

what did I say that would add alot of money?
Maybe you didn't read my post. With the setup I have above I'm already at around $600. Adding a custom box would put me WAY over my budget.

But it's still good to know that I have that option if I changed my mind on something or wanted to upgrade it later.

Maybe you didn't read my post. With the setup I have above I'm already at around $600. Adding a custom box would put me WAY over my budget.
But it's still good to know that I have that option if I changed my mind on something or wanted to upgrade it later.
wait did you buy that already? You said that you were looking at.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.