I have $700 to get 4 speakers, 1 Head unit, 2 subs, 1 amp - Here's my list so far:

I haven't bought anything yet, but this what I plan on buying as of right now:

HEAD UNIT

Alpine CDE-147BT CD/MP3/USB Car Stereo w/ Bluetooth & Auxiliary

FRONT SPEAKERS

JBL MS-52C 5-1/4" 2-Way MS Component Car Speakers System (MS52C)

AMP

Precision Power PPI P900.5 (p9005) 5-Channel Phantom Car Amplifier

I need help finding subs! I have a sealed enclosure box that can fit two 10" subs. I'm open to the idea of buying 1 awesome sub rather than two highly decent subs. And if the sub isn't 10" then I'm going to have to buy a new box which I'm afraid could put me over my budget. Once I buy the equipment above, I'll have $178 left. So any help or advice would be appreciated.

I haven't bought anything yet, but this what I plan on buying as of right now:
HEAD UNIT

Alpine CDE-147BT CD/MP3/USB Car Stereo w/ Bluetooth & Auxiliary

FRONT SPEAKERS

JBL MS-52C 5-1/4" 2-Way MS Component Car Speakers System (MS52C)

AMP

Precision Power PPI P900.5 (p9005) 5-Channel Phantom Car Amplifier

I need help finding subs! I have a sealed enclosure box that can fit two 10" subs. I'm open to the idea of buying 1 awesome sub rather than two highly decent subs. And if the sub isn't 10" then I'm going to have to buy a new box which I'm afraid could put me over my budget. Once I buy the equipment above, I'll have $178 left. So any help or advice would be appreciated.
I have had this Alpine head for about 2 months now, and I like it alot. Splurge the extra 20 bucks and get the remote for it and enjoy.

I'd come up with another hundred, find a halfway decent used sub and get a box worth a d*mn built for it. You would be ten times better off than buying two crappy subs and tossing them in the prefab you have.

BTW, prefab = prefabricated, as in a generically designed box, usually of a poor build quality.

Like a couple other people suggested... Ditch the rear speakers, and the subs you chose. I would probably go with a single 12 and put it in a custom designed/made box.

On a budget? Here's a sub.

HDS212

Here's an amp for it.

Q1-750 Amplifier

If you wanted to go even further... I would personally put in a little bit more money and go with this:

QC-HF6.5 Component Bundle

Not only does that come with a component set AND an amp... But it also comes with two sheets of their deadener which is pretty nice stuff. Well worth the extra money compared to what you originally had planned. Sound Qubed definitely makes nice stuff and there customer service is amazing if that matters to you. Free shipping and I got all of my stuff the very next day.

Sell the prefab box for the 10's you already have, get a bit of pocket change back, put in another $100 for a custom built box, and another $60-100 for the wires and you're good to go.

Alright this is what I went with:

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X397 head unit - $90

JBL MS-52C 5.25 speakers - $150

SoundQubed HDS10 x2 subs - $160

Precision Power P 900.5 5-channel AMP - $210

Total comes out to = $610

And I still have to buy wires. Also I'm wondering how hard it would be for a complete novice (me) to install this system into my car?

If I can't install it then I will have to pay someone else to do it which may put me over my budget, which isn't the end of the world.

I appreciate any feedback!

So far good but u are going to want a seperate amp for subs. Get ppi 900.4 for the doors and maybe the sound qube 700 for bass.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Jim u couldnt be more right....lol... this hobby kills me but **** do I love it...

So far good but u are going to want a seperate amp for subs. Get ppi 900.4 for the doors and maybe the sound qube 700 for bass. 

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Jim u couldnt be more right....lol... this hobby kills me but **** do I love it...
I'm just as bad. I've changed up 6 times in the last year wished I would have kept my 2 vfl 500.1 amps. But oh well. Got a saz 5000 and will be getting another by summer

Should have stayed with alpine. The jbl set is ok ppi it's ok not as good as they used to be subs ok to
Yeah..the Kenwood HU is 60 bucks cheaper and it seems like it does the same thing as the alpine. Plus the alpine's usb port was in the back of the unit which I didn't really like. But the main reason was the $$.

Yeah..the Kenwood HU is 60 bucks cheaper and it seems like it does the same thing as the alpine. Plus the alpine's usb port was in the back of the unit which I didn't really like. But the main reason was the $$.
You get what you pay for also check preout voltage

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.