06 tacoma dbl cab stereo upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

06TACOCHUCK

So far:

Bought:

Alpine CDE-143 BT Head Unit

AMP Custom Amp Mounting Board

(Mounting an Alpine 500W Class D Mono Amp for Sub and an Alpine 300W Class D Multi-Channel Amp for Door Speakers)

10in Custom Loaded Sub Enclosure from Image Dynamics.

Still to buy:

Door Speakers:

I want 6.5in components to replace my 6x9 in front doors and 6.5in coaxials in the rear.

Im having problems deciding which ones.

I am looking at the Alpine SPS 610C 6.5in components 240W 80WRMS for the front & Alpine 6.5in SPS 610 coaxials 240W 80W RMS for the rear.

Question: Am i on to something here?

Feedback Please

Not really do you already have everything ? If not. The deck is ok. I've heard different opinions about it. Most are decent The amps are ok. The speakers you mentioned. Not so good

Thanks for the response.

I was trying to keep the Alpine theme going as you probably could tell.

I don't have unlimited funds either.

I could buy the image dynamics recommendations that I received.

Speakers will be stealth anyways so I guess it really doesn't matter which brand I go with.

I couldn't tell if you were giving recommendations or not. Sorry.

I'd love to hear what speakers you think I should go with.

Well the alpines aren't as good as you think There is better I can tell you Let me ask you a few questions. What do you want from your system ? Type of music ? Is space an issue ? I have a set if components and matching coaxes also a 5 channel mini amp that would run a whole system. Plenty if power and compact in size The I'd sub is prolly good enough. They are usually nice sq subs in the right box tho

Well I was thinking just a little extra at first but you know how that goes later.

So now now I want to go bigger and better so that if I want it, I have it. I can always turn it down right?

I listen to all types of music from rock n roll to heavy metal at times to Reggae to hip hop and R&B.

I like it loud a lot of the times and I want it clean and I want it to hit when it calls for it.

I have not purchased the amp yet either.

I do want Alpine amps though.

The Alpine amps I have chosen are the MRV-line.

The alpines are decent amps you should be able to get up to 2000 rms before upgrading the alt and adding an extra battery. Just get a big3 kit and you should be fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.