I got horny today....

The one I have now (pioneer 3700) only has 2 preouts, I need 3, not to mention the xovers and many other things high-end HU's have.

And yes those are RE XXX mids

Similar to the setup I used to have, Illusion CH-1's and Adire Extremis. However, didn't have the mids properly powered at the time so the system sounded rather imbalanced.

Loved my horns to death, but alas space constrictions forced me to sell them.

The one I have now (pioneer 3700) only has 2 preouts, I need 3, not to mention the xovers and many other things high-end HU's have.
No you don't.
You can use the HU you have, just need a xover with a bandpass and 3 outputs.

Just run 1 set of RCA's to the EQ and/or xover.

Horns that will probably mounted under the dash. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Since the sound from horns is so monodirectional (if thats the term) how could you put them under the dash...wouldnt you be losing a lot of the sound that comes from them, unless you mean under the dash firing at the windshield.....??

Since the sound from horns is so monodirectional (if thats the term) how could you put them under the dash...wouldnt you be losing a lot of the sound that comes from them, unless you mean under the dash firing at the windshield.....??
Horns have a wide soundstage. If mounted correctly, the sound will roll up the dash.

Car audio horns have a relatively wide vertical dispersion pattern. Horns for car audio essentially use the dash as an extension of the horn mouth....the sound sort of "rolls up" the dash to create a very high soundstage even though they are aimed at your knees (which is one of the reasons you generally want a "bridge" between the horn's mouth and the bottom of the dash, and not leave a gap there).

Not to mention, due to the efficiency of the horns and their general on-axis harshness......you would not want to be on-axis with horns in a car......the sound would not be pleasant you would go deaf real quick.

They are designed and intended to be used off-axis.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

HeatSeeker

10+ year member
Oh lawds
HeatSeeker
Tampa, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date