Two Powered Rockford Fosgate P300-12's RCA connection help requested

Participant count
  • Participant list

Flashking

I recently had two JBL Bass Pro's installed in my jeep wrangler that my brother-in-law gave me and it rocked and sounded excellent. Then one of the amps went out on a JBL and since these are no longer available I decided to go with the Rockford Fosgates due to the fact that my jeep was already wired for powered subs. However, I am not exactly sure if the way I connected the rockford subs with the single RCA outs are connected correctly, because the difference in sound quality is night and day between the jbl's and rockfords. My current config is: a JBL GTO-504EZ 4 channel pushing my highs and mids while my subs are connected through the unfiltered pass-through output connections on the amp (this is the way the jbl's were connected). I have a single pair of rca going to the subs. This is where I am not sure how to connect the rca to both subs. Currently each rca has Y splitters. Even though I have them hooked up I have to put one sub on phase 0 and the other on phase 180 for them to sound ok. If booth subs are set to 0 to match my deck output they sound like crap. When I checked the JBL's both were set to 0 phase so I think I must be hooking the RCA's on these subs incorrectly. If anybody can direct me to diagram on how to make this connection I would appreciate it. Thanks for your help in advance

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.