i completed the system today check out the pictures!

88irocZ
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
middle GA
alright i got this amp a couple of weeks ago b4 we went on the power tour and i hadnt got a chance to install it and look nice i had it just in there. well i made a piece of mdf to go under the carpet then i bolted the amp to it. i cut slits in the carpet to poke the wires through. i also had to run a phone cord and new remote wire b/c b4 i just used speaker wire and i dont think it was big enough. so i wired it up with 16 ga.

the amp is a profile 2000 watt amp it does 980 watts bridged. i have the gains only half way up and it pounds.

the subs are kicker cvr 10"s i got an awesome deal on them 130 shipped for the pair bnib. and they still have the warranty. these subs are usually at least 100 apiece.

the box i got from my uncle for free he has red interior plus he said he probably wouldnt ever use it.

the prior system in my car was a 10" infinity kappa and a sony 1200 watt amp. so this was a pretty good upgrade. here are the pics.

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

lmk what you think im pretty excited with how it came together i think it looks pretty good.

nice, that a prefab box isn't it??
yes its a prefab box i would have liked to have one or make one to the specs of my subs but i have never built on b4 so ill just stick with this for now. thanks for all the comments guys. the install took me about 5 hours. but i ran a new remote wire and ran the phone cord for the bass knob.

looks really clean, good job, you should try ported with those subs though, did an install with two of those in prefab ported boxes, they were about 2cubes ported for each 10 and i was really surprised with what they did for an entry level sub

Speakin of crappy Sony amps. I've gone through 2 explode 2 channels and one of those big octagon shaped 1600 watt sub amps (1600 watts, yeah right). The sub amp was only used for about a month before I got my RF. It worked when I took it out of the car. Went to sell it like 6 months later, and I couldnt get it to power on. Both the 2 channel Sonys had their channels melt together. From what I understand from the local shop, if Sony would have made them with just a couple slightly more expensive components inside, this issue wouldnt occur. He calls them scrap metal, cause he doesnt fix them, he just sells the heatsinks to be melted down. I remember back in the day Sony used to have some pretty decent little cheater 2 channel amps (silver). On another note, when I was in the shop, I asked about those PG Tantrum 1200.1's for my Titanium subs. The shope owner stated they smoke easy. He also stated my 04' RF851x decipates heat more efficiently than almost any other amp in its class. Don't know if I by that, but hey, it does get hot enough to fry an egg, and hasnt shut off yet.

Someone that knows how to follow the rules regarding pics if you're going to tell us how proud you are of your gear! A+...you may stay! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Looks really good, fella. Tough to beat those California-series Profile amps for the price. I have had more than a couple myself in the past.

And a free vehicle-specific box FTW! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

to those of you asking about the car here is a couple pics. its an 88 iroc heres a couple recent pics.

newirocpictures1-18-062.jpg

newirocpictures15.jpg

hopefully i didnt break the rules on the pictures i dont know what the rules are if i did lmk and i will take some off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.