I can't stop buying car audio stuff.

How well do the SSA 6.5S Perform? Hows the midbass & midramge on it? I might get them to replace my CDT 62As or if not to make a center console with them. And also how loud do they get?
I won't give my biased opinion as it was my plans and ears that put them together, but the reviews on the SSA Evil65's have been far beyond what I could have wished for. There are a few right on the product page on the SSA store.

Thank you for going SSA. Could I ask a favor and see if you can give the Evil65's a short run with the SEAS NEO's? As in see how they perform together? I love those SEAS tweets, as they effected the direction I took the SSA Evil 1's (for a little insider info).
Sure! I can do that....interested myself anyway.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Oh and by the way, I also have the secondskin speaker tweaker kit and their overkill pro mats coming in tomorrow!

I know how all of you feel

Not mentioning the junk I had (Boss amp, MTX Road Thunders)

I've had...

Infinity Kappa Perfect 12 (My first real Sub)

Audiobahn AW1200's

Orion HCCA 12D's

Aura Force 12's

American Bass VFL Cast 12's

Alpine Type R 12's

RF Power HX2 12's

Beyond Audio Inhuman 15's (By FAR my favorite)

AudioQue HDC3

TC Sounds TC9

JL Audio 12TW3

Dayton Ultimax 15's (Home Audio Built Subwoofer)

Amps:

Hifonics Zeus 600

Memphis 500D

Memphis 1000D

MA Audio HC 4002

Crunch DS-VU4100 (Sounded better then expected..)

Aura MR4150Q (My FAVORITE AMP OF ALL TIME, so badly wish I had that again)

Earthquake PHD2

US Acoustics 1000D

Directed 1200D

JBL BP1200.1

Visonik 1500D

Hifonics Colossus XX

NVX 800.5

DD Audio D5.1000

Orion XTR 1000.4

Orion XTR1000.1D

Orion XTR1500.1D

Polk PAD4000.4

JBL GTX500

Not to mention Numerous HU's and Speakers (Comps and Coax). Also had a Audiocontrol EPIC-150, that was cool //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ive got a 12x14 room in my home that Has a few goodies that cant be found anymore, and I have ran and used every bit of them:santa:Everytime I go in there ..Its like Christmas..lol

Well, I got the overkill and mids/tweets installed. Spent a good amount of time tweaking with it and the midbass from these speakers is incredible. So much more than the evils and they play well in the higher end of their range as well. The tweets definitely have a different sound to them, I can't decide if I like them more than my Morels though. I feel like my Morels are smoother right out of the box but these seem to have more output and play down to 2k very well with no distortion that I can hear even at high volumes. Mids are currently set to 80hz-3.15khz @18db and tweets crossed at 3.15khz @12db.

Going active was the best thing I've ever done with car audio. And the overkill really tightened up the sound and I hear 0 rattles in my door panels now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.