I am SO alomst done with this Alpine PXA-H800 DSP POS!!

I have 2 amps GMD8601 and GMD8604 connected on the same power line with a power block and also a Remote turn on wire.

I have connected the PXA with the POWER,GROUND, REMOTE IN and the RCA in and out.

When i power on my Headunit the amps turn on but not the DSP.

I tried connecting the PXA to my laptop using the software but again its says it cant find the PXA.

can someone help me out please.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have 2 amps GMD8601 and GMD8604 connected on the same power line with a power block and also a Remote turn on wire.
I have connected the PXA with the POWER,GROUND, REMOTE IN and the RCA in and out.

When i power on my Headunit the amps turn on but not the DSP.

I tried connecting the PXA to my laptop using the software but again its says it cant find the PXA.

can someone help me out please.

Thank you

I hear ya buddy! That Alpine PXA-H800 DSP in many ways of a real POS! Hard to use, hard to MAKE work, etc. Yeah the one and ONLY time I had a WinXP laptop with the Sound Manager program installed and I USB connected my laptop to my H800 DSP the Sound Manager program could not "find" it!" :-( Have not tried again yet with my new WinXP laptop but I'm hoping it will work this time! Probasbly some Winjdows driver problem which NO ONE will tell me about! Sent an email to a PXA-H800 user but never got a reply via email.

John Kuthe...

I hear ya buddy! That Alpine PXA-H800 DSP in many ways of a real POS! Hard to use, hard to MAKE work, etc. Yeah the one and ONLY time I had a WinXP laptop with the Sound Manager program installed and I USB connected my laptop to my H800 DSP the Sound Manager program could not "find" it!" :-( Have not tried again yet with my new WinXP laptop but I'm hoping it will work this time! Probasbly some Winjdows driver problem which NO ONE will tell me about! Sent an email to a PXA-H800 user but never got a reply via email.
John Kuthe...
Thanks buddy.

Is yours working fine now? Are u using the controller RUX??

Thanks buddy.Is yours working fine now? Are u using the controller RUX??

I took my system into a local Custom Sounds car audio shop who has a guy Tim working there who's experienced at DSP configurations to work his majic, which he did and mine's working for me, turning on and off with the head unit, passing the RCA signals though it to my amps, etc. Only running passive EQ presently and have good plans for rewiring to go full activer EQ, but am gonna wait for that for now. Finally got my whole car audio system actually working and I have LOT of other fires to put out for now! And no Tim at Custom Sounds used his own laptop to configure my DSP, not that stupid RUX controller thing!! $200 worth of Alpine RUX nonsense, if you ask me! Tim too evidently!

John Kuthe...

"passive EQ presently and have good plans for rewiring to go full activer EQ"

are you talking about passive and active crossovers? how do you continue to confuse the two?

I took my system into a local Custom Sounds car audio shop who has a guy Tim working there who's experienced at DSP configurations to work his majic, which he did and mine's working for me, turning on and off with the head unit, passing the RCA signals though it to my amps, etc. Only running passive EQ presently and have good plans for rewiring to go full activer EQ, but am gonna wait for that for now. Finally got my whole car audio system actually working and I have LOT of other fires to put out for now! And no Tim at Custom Sounds used his own laptop to configure my DSP, not that stupid RUX controller thing!! $200 worth of Alpine RUX nonsense, if you ask me! Tim too evidently!
John Kuthe...
Did I just catch the know it all college veteran misspell magic? Nifty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.