I am ready

I just don't see the point to trolling............

Are you people really that bored?

Hell, even I have a ton of posts........due to being at work most of the time I post, but why do you get your rocks off trolling?

I will never understand the crunk times guys or the newbies getting butt hurt for being banned.

while you guys are ebing ruff on him...listen here kid you're going to community college right?

are you transferring to a 4yr school after your 2 or not?

there are schools for car and home stereo/AV installs and such. Smartest thing would be to goto a 4 yr for small business management, then a year at a installer school, the whole time doing as many installs and working during summers and nights at shops etc. then leave the shop you've been at for around 4 years and go work with REAL installer for a number of years. pray you get on TV, open up a shop etc. But there are honestly a few HOT Spots for CA across the USA. if you're not in them(located in MAJOR cities), then whatever you set up shop you are really limiting yourself...just an FYI

also CA is getting smaller then it was years ago. and i doubt the trend will change. with so many cars coming with in dash DVD players and NAV stock less and less need a fancy deck installed. and BB steals a ton of customers from local 'good' CA shops.

i would never want to do it for a living even though i do probably 6 installers a year for family and friends.

ok after reading 4 pages of this thread I think it must be some kind of joke. If it is not than OP you better do some reading and serious reading about installing amps and sh1t.

remote wire makes life easier for you and turns amp on off automatically with your HU. WTF you want to install switch for.

man i thought Im bad with ca but..

OP, the CD player has a REMOTE WIRE... not necessarily a remote. You can do it the way that you are doing it, but most of the time, unless the switch has a light on it, it is easy to forget to turn off your amp and drain the battery.

As for the 1 15" and 2 12"s..... you just need to read.

Take all this advice, even if it seems mean, and read A LOT MORE!!!!! before you try to get a job and install anymore!!!

You are suited well for any circuit city or best buy my man, especially after i read this!!

I am new here, so I was confused about the site. Sorry.
I am 23, but haven't gotten a car yet. I haven't needed it. I go to a CC, and just use my parents cars.

I have installed Radios, amps, subs and some door speakers. I hooked up my friends civic hatch with a 15" P2 for the lows and 2x 12" type S for the rest of the bass. Thamps were some big Audiopipes with a X300 in the dash. It pounds.
Good luck!

What do I have to do in order to secure a nice job with Best Buy or somewhere else installing systems? I have done all my friends rides and even installed some gear in my dads truck. I am pretty good with it.
I can't wait to get my own car and really show off my skills. You all will be impressed.

I do have one question on installing. When you install your amps, where does everyone like to put the switch to turn on your amps? If the car has an ashtray, I usually hide it in there. Stealth is what I strive for, but appreciate some bling installs.
go see tommy @ explosive sounds.

learn how to do alarms as well....that is what stopped me fron becoming an installer....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

IHaveItGood

10+ year member
IHaveItGood
Plant City
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from