I am ready

there are a bunch of haters on here. ignore them if you can. the fact you arn't flaming back is a great start.
fwiw my 1st 3 installs in my 1st 3 cars all had amps with a turn on turn off switch. now they did connect to the blue headunit remote turn on but that's irrelevant. there is nothing wrong with a switch to turn on or off any of the amps in your car.

as for school i only say small business management if you wanted to own a shop. which should be your desire if you want to get into this field. working for someone for the rest of your life = fail. also you have something to fall back on.

other than sbm an EE degree would help most. an EE will let you go more places without a doubt and gives a GREAT background for understanding it all but unless you like math stay away. ME is boring ****. stay far away.

basically in this field(ca/ht) you can(to make money): design amps, design speakers, installs, marketing/sales, own a company which does some all/some of that. that's it. very small field and it's not getting bigger, especially not in the USA. If it's what you want to do great, go at it.

honestly if you understood EVERYTHING on this website: http://www.bcae1.com/ and http://www.caraudiobook.com/

i would hire you to do installs. but not a second before. you should have all of that memorized anyways if you want to go anywhere in the world of car audio/HT. Also learn how to design correctly enclosures for both home and ca. understand every **** spec of a speaker etc. be familiar with modeling it on a comp etc. help people out on this forum designing their enclosures and giving advice. READ alot. and know that HT is VERY different from CA and is MUCH more advanced in many aspects, as well as being more profitable and interesting to say the least. I know a guy who works for a HT install place and makes easily 65k a year w/ no education just as an installer.

and get a job at a ca/ht shop asap. you'll learn alot there mainly the hands on stuff as alot of shops **** at designing a 'good' system. that or they don't take the time who knows. also get some audio books there is a TON written on the subject. there is at least 10-15 good books you should read.

and anyone who gives you **** about not having a car can go **** themselfs. i do suggest buying a junker asap. find a $500 beater. learning how to fix cars is very useful, and you can try out different build inside your own ride.

oh and remember speaker technology hasn't 'really' changed really since the 70s, no matter what anyone says.
Whoa. Those sites have a lot and it's laid out nicely. Thanks. I don't know if I have the ability to do some sort of engineering degree, but business management is pretty versatile no matter whant happens and is what I was considering anyway. It's what to do with it that I don't know yet. So many choices but CA would be cool.

Wow. After reading this I would say that your not ready. No offense JMO

As far as swtiches goes and to all the nay sayers

015-4.jpg

I employ switches in my ride for numerous reasons. They are wired up to the REMOTE WIRE on the HU. Fastest way to kill da bass when the man is near is hit the switch beyotch! LMAO

I hear that Bill Heard is pretty shady or used to be.
yes. yes it was. everyone dig drugs except me. i had to piss for my boss before. i did many shady deals but i was told to by my boss. it's not my fault if the credit ap is filled out wrong by the ap...hehe.

but we got people into cars they couldn't get anyways so long as they made a few payments it was off us and the banks problem. We helped alot of people but at the same time gave loans to people who couldn't afford them...bad business practice but then again they are out of business so **** them.

one time i got a lady(mother of 2) into a 2k2 4 cyl atima she REALLY needed bad. she needed a cheap reliable car and it was the best we had on the lot imo. she drove up in some POS v8 covered in rust barely running. we fudged the ap but she was crying and hugged me before she left thanking me. i like to think the gas saving and reliability of the car made up for the fact she lied on her ap to the bank.

back ot:

read read read and read more. buy audio books and read the **** out of them. learn the theory behind it all so it's 2nd hand trust me.

Mute button looks closer. ://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif:

True but you can't shut off just the highs amp for burps with a mute button now can ya?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

I read about a mom of 2 who shot her kids and then drove off a cliff because she couldn't pay the payments on the Altima : /

They said if only she had been honest on her credit app this wouldn't have happened.

I read about a mom of 2 who shot her kids and then drove off a cliff because she couldn't pay the payments on the Altima : /
They said if only she had been honest on her credit app this wouldn't have happened.
ya no. link or fail.

and i don't care either way. i pissed her money away on hookers and coke regardless.

I hear that Bill Heard is pretty shady or used to be.
Bill Heard in Vegas closed last year. The employees went to work and the doors were locked. Then their paychecks bounced. My family bought a truck from them "new" but it had 4k miles on it. Apparently three different people had failed financing, they gave us free maintenance for 5 years, but they are gone. A holes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

IHaveItGood

10+ year member
IHaveItGood
Plant City
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from