Hypothetical Situation..Need Advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

Exist_ential
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
OK so assuming i ever actually sell the stuff i have in the classifieds on here i would like some advice on what to get.

Budget: $325 including shipping

Car: 04 Grand Prix GT, 4ga power and ground already run; big 3 to be completed this weekend.

Music Tastes: Mostly rock of some sort with some hip-hop\rap mixed in and a small percentage of country

HU: Jensen VM9224BT

I have: 1 12" Infinity Ref, 1 prefab box for 2 12"

Willing to do (atm): build my own box (and burn the prefab haha) – max size 40”Lx24”Dx18”H

NOT willing to do (atm): replace HU (just bought it a month or so ago) -- rerun wiring

Sub Sizes -- 8s 10s 12s only

Goal(s): daily listening with decent lows while retaining enough SQ for rock and country to be enjoyable

Additional Info: I drive 1.5 hours minimum to work every day and then 1.5 hours minimum home so SQ is a big deal but I still want the eyeball vibrating lows, also the amp MUST have a remote knob, I tote my 4 yr old daughter around a lot and need to be able to bring the bass to minimal levels without screwing around in my trunk.

**** you spend a lot on gas..

any decent cd player has sub level controls, I'd imagine your cd players has that no?

so for a sub and amp ur budget is 325?

I'd hold on to the infinity build a 2ft^2 ported box for it and grab a audioque 1200..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.