Hummer H2 daily driver 12" sub

cchilds83

not an expert, just been reading around. I'm looking for a good daily driver for my H2. I want to know which sub between a Sundown SA-12, RE Audio XXX 12, or JL Audio W7 12 would give me the best balance of spl and sql and hold up best for daily use thanks in advance for any advice or other idea's.

no its not an older XXX i heard mixed reviews about the new XXX. i planned on going ported for the enclosure. i'd like to stay around between 1000-1500 on the budget and get the best sub/amp i can get for that.

That is a large budget to work with and there are literally a ton of options out there. Have you decided on how much space you looking to give up for an enclosure? This could help decide what sub may work best in the space you are willing to use.

That is a MASSIVE budget... How much space are you willing to give up, how much power do you wanna run, how loud do you wanna be?

If you really just wanna do a single 12, I'd say an Obsidian Audio 12 for what you said up there, and a 1kW mono amp and you're good. Do you only need a sub and amp? Do you need a new HU? deadener? amp kit?

i don't have to spend that much was just throwing out a figure i didn't want to go over but if i can spend less thats fine. already have Head unit will need wiring though. i don't have any problem using my whole rear cargo area as far as enclosures go, i would like one that i can take out when i need to. i just got it so i'd need to get some exact measurements.

Well it shouldn't be that hard then without needing an HU. We need some power goals though. Do you know what your current alternator is rated for? How many amps it puts out? Would you prefer to not have to upgrade it? Would you be opposed to putting a bigger, better, battery under your hood, or a secondary battery in the rear cargo area? Do you plan on replacing the door speakers, do you plan on amping those door speakers?

I don't mean to overload you here, just trying to get the best idea for your goals. Just about all of what I listed above could be done for under $1k.

Well it shouldn't be that hard then without needing an HU. We need some power goals though. Do you know what your current alternator is rated for? How many amps it puts out? Would you prefer to not have to upgrade it? Would you be opposed to putting a bigger, better, battery under your hood, or a secondary battery in the rear cargo area? Do you plan on replacing the door speakers, do you plan on amping those door speakers?
I don't mean to overload you here, just trying to get the best idea for your goals. Just about all of what I listed above could be done for under $1k.
Good points here ^ and just out of curiosity if an h2 is your daily driver do you live in the middle of the desert? Or are you just boss like that.

horn or ABC box?... would prefer not to replace alternator but if i have to then so be it. i have headrest tv's and dvd player running now. the beefer battery up front or spare battery in back. as far as the door speakers they actually sound ok not sure if i will think so once a nice sounding sub is in back though. i looked at some DD audio subs as well just forgot to list it earlier, and i don't have a dealer nowhere near me and i couldn't find any online.

horn or ABC box?... would prefer not to replace alternator but if i have to then so be it. i have headrest tv's and dvd player running now. the beefer battery up front or spare battery in back. as far as the door speakers they actually sound ok not sure if i will think so once a nice sounding sub is in back though. i looked at some DD audio subs as well just forgot to list it earlier, and i don't have a dealer nowhere near me and i couldn't find any online.
The horn and ABC box are 2 different types of boxes. Well known for their musical abilities having a strong and even output over a wide range of frequencies, their only drawback being the size. That is not an issue in your application, that's why it was suggested.

As for the alternator, you should be fine. If what I found was correct, you have a stock 160a alt, which is more than enough for a strong bit of power, even if it's a little less you should be fine.

As for the battery bit, you confused me a bit. Were you saying you already have a beefier battery up front and one in the rear, or what? Could you clarify that for me?

Door speakers, you'll really be impressed with what a hundred or two bucks will make a difference in clarity and overall output.

Back to the subs... what kind of music do you tend to listen to? How much bass are you looking for? Do you have anything we can compare it to?... Are you looking to just add a little bit more life to your music? Do you wanna be able to hear it from a block away? Are you looking to just get loud and feel it in your body, and still be clean?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.