HU Wireing need sone help pls

Participant count
  • Participant list

canadian_mofo
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
van-city
Ok got my exceleron x890 today along with my PG 100.2 amp. So im crimping the wires together to my wire harness and ive come to a problem with a few wires the wire harness conects to a 96 sierra:

Ok so comming out of the x890 i have these wires left

Tel Mute brown wire

Ext amp Control pink and back wire

and dimmer control wire orange and white.

Wires i have left comming out of my wire harness are:

Illumination wire Orange

Dimmer wire Orange and wite

My guess is i dont have wires for the tel mute and ext amp so i wouldnt use them right?

Second guess is that dimmer control wire would connect to the dimmer wire on wire harness but then what does the ilumination wire on the wire harness do?

So leave the tel mute disconected and the ext amp control right? What are they and why doesnt my wire harness have conects for it?? And then conect the dimmer control wire to the dimmer wire on the wire harness and leave the illum wire on my wire harness disconected??

telephone mute ie a cell phone and external amp control is for a sub/mids and highs amp that is aftermarket

i beleive it will work fine with the illum disconnected...

those other wires it would make sense to attach them since they both say dimmer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.