HU Powered - No Sound

95monteBUMP

Alright, I was working on my amp, and went to check out my connections at the HU, and when I was done I started my car up, and the stereo came on like normal, but no sound came out anywhere. I have already checked all fuses, and I redid all of my connections at the harness. I cant think of anything else to try. I did make sure my speakers were connected properly, so I dont think its that. Its really ticking me off, so if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it... thanks ahead of time.

Originally posted by 95monteBUMP Alright, I was working on my amp, and went to check out my connections at the HU, and when I was done I started my car up, and the stereo came on like normal, but no sound came out anywhere. I have already checked all fuses, and I redid all of my connections at the harness. I cant think of anything else to try. I did make sure my speakers were connected properly, so I dont think its that. Its really ticking me off, so if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it... thanks ahead of time.
remove the speaker wires from the HU. test the resistance to ground and across each speaker. You find one that not right. trace down that wire and look for damage or them crossing at the HU or speaker

Hey man I'm pretty sure i know what ur problem is. First off what kind of car is it. I Drive a Infiniti and i have 2 factory amps in the back... The same thing happened to me i would turn on my car the HU would come on but no sound! Alls this is, is there is no signal turning on the amps, subs don't play unless the amp that runs them is on right...Look for a blue wire on ur harness that says amp turn on and connect it to the red wire or ur power A lead. MY e-mail is thugc69@hotmail.com if u need more help man!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.