HU help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Your EQ needs can only be figured out by you. It's dependent on your install -- your speakers, where they're placed and how they're installed, and how they act in your vehicle.

The numbers are the frequencies you're boosting or cutting. You can choose which frequency your treble adjustment corresponds to, and which frequency your bass adjustment corresponds to. Do you also get to mess with the Q factor(basically, how the EQ boosts the frequencies)

Your speakers might have a dip at 80Hz, so you migh need to boost there. Or, you might not care about those frequencies as much, so you boost the bass down at 60Hz. Same with the treble, you just choose what frequency you want to boost or cut. Just do whatever sounds best to you.

There isn't much going on above 15 kHz so if you do adjust the treble it will make the biggest difference at 10 kHz or 12.5 kHz. This will affect the music mostly on harmonics, which you'll notice by the treble sounding more or less bright, airy, and shimmery. Your biggest changes will be heard in the 80 Hz - 500 Hz region and the 2 kHz - 8 kHz region.

When I set my last system up I used an old Alpine equaliser. I figured it's main purpose was subwoofer crossover control and amp control.

But what I found was that the sound was very different between set up done in the garage and when the vehicle was movong. Road noise effected the sound a lot. The equaliser was great for making small adjustments to combat the road noise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.