HPF and X-Over Settings for Sub Use

Participant count
  • Participant list

Umbra

Hobbyist & CA Tenderfoot
I recently picked up a JBL BPX 500.1 2 channel amp. It intrigues me because it can be bridged in both series and parallel, for roughly the same output at 4 or 1 ohms. That's not something I've seen before.

I'm finishing up deadening the trunk, but I should be ready to install everything tomorrow. The one thing that's throwing me a bit is the settings on this thing. There's no LPF, but there's a HPF and an X-Over pot. On the Kenwood I'm using you can toggle between LPF and HPF. In this instance, is I set the HPF to around 30Hz (My subs only play down to 28. I'll have to look into what the slope is) and the X-Over to around 80Hz, can I use this for a pair of subs?

Here's a picture (not mine): http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2230/1001268i.jpg

Hey there man,

I'm not sure if anyone answered you, and I'm not familiar with that particular amp, but here's what it looks like to me.

It looks like there is a bass boost, along with a subsonic filter ( the Subsonic filter is the High Pass x-over pot that goes from 20-100Hz. I would guess that its at least 18db/octave )

You can set the subsonic filter to 30HZ or so ( as you said ) and then the crossover on the right side is a low-pass crossover that you can set at 80-120 HZ depending on your preference and your mids.

Hope that helps.

Para

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.