HPF and LPF at same freq in a passive crossover?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Network, low level input. highs to 2 channels (50wx2) Mids, with y-splitters, 2 channels (50wx2) for the rear and 2 channels (75wx2) for the fronts. Lows to 10" sub.
I'll try the auto eq later - I wanted to see what I could do on my own since this is my first time going active. I also would need to disconnect the rears for both auto eq and t/a. From what I've read of the 80prs's auto tune, it's not the best for my type of music - seems to lower bass and focus on vocals/highs. i'll get there, just trying to do it and learn myself.
Auto-EQ will likely fail the way you have it wired - it won't be able to time align either. If you are going to run front/rear/sub with 80PRS then run fronts and rears on passive xovers and set 80PRS to STD mode, then let it autoEQ everything - it can sound amazing.

Otherwise, Network mode is best for running active with front components and a sub only (front tweets, front midbass, and a sub).

Auto-EQ/time alignment will only work well with those two configurations ^^^. But it can sound amazing - especially when you run network mode active as above.

Otherwise you have no choice but to manually tune and you can't time align your fronts/rears the way you have them wired.

Yup I'm stuck for the reasons he just mentioned, I like the 80prs but I have more channels than it can auto eq/time align. Doing it manually would be impossible for me, I have no experience with time alignment other than knowing what it is. If I ever get around to it, I'd get a 6 or 8 channel DSP/Crossover and then you'll have the ability to adjust everything properly. Cost is a huge mitigating factor when you get to this part..

I'm leaning towards going back to passive and then I'll switch to standard mode. Just don't want to thrown in the towel yet. However, the only thing it won't auto tune are my rears. My tweets, mids and sub woofer are on their own channels, high, mid, low. I just have to unplug the RCAs to the rears' channels.

I'm leaning towards going back to passive and then I'll switch to standard mode. Just don't want to thrown in the towel yet. However, the only thing it won't auto tune are my rears. My tweets, mids and sub woofer are on their own channels, high, mid, low. I just have to unplug the RCAs to the rears' channels.
Yeah, you can unplug rears and run auto in your active setup. When you reconnect them they will smear your stage & imaging because they will be getting the same delay as fronts and will pull the image backwards, so barely turn up the rear channel gains at all. Do you have to run rears for rear passengers? If not, then leave them unplugged.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.