Full Range vs HPF

Participant count
  • Participant list

tan271234

CarAudio.com Newbie
Romania
Hello, today I mounted 2 Alpines s65c and 2 Alpines s65 in my car, amped by a Vibe Powerbox 65.4m. Should I turn on the HPF on the amp or keep it on full range? I feel like with HPF turned on the sound is a bit flat. I need to mount my subwoofer which is an Alpine swe 815 but I didnt had time today. Also with which tone frequency should I set the gain?

Last edited:
Hpf set to 80hz door speakers really shouldn't play lower than that without specific design inputs ie: sealed doors, fully deadened doors, mounted to sturdy rings and not plastic or straight to metal, a seal from speaker mounting flange to door card.

And even then you may not be able to play every speaker that low.

On top of that typically when you play really low you start to muddy up the higher frequencies.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...