How's my electrical - how much power can I run?

Participant count
  • Participant list

wevie
10+ year member

Iowa
Been upgrading my electrical system before buying any decent equipment. The current electrical system is:

Alt: 160a up from 90a stock

Starter battery: Deka AGM 55ah 9a78DT

Big Three: 1/0

Power feed from run in 1/0

Now I'd love to run an AP3000, but I don't think my electrical is up to it. Would adding a Deka 31 in the back be enough or should I stick to an AP1500 due to my 160a alt?

System is for daily and needs to be able to be run smooth and loud for my 1/2 hour commute.

I wouldnt run a 3000 off that. However, that Audiopipe does it at 2ohm, so its gonna be less strain that a 1ohm 3000w load would be

I wouldnt run a 3000 off that. However, that Audiopipe does it at 2ohm, so its gonna be less strain that a 1ohm 3000w load would be
Would the addition of extra batteries allow the 3000 to operate properly or would it really require an alternator upgrade?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.