Blown Sub Help, Please

Participant count
  • Participant list

SherlocksVW

I have blown one 07CVR102 (10" dual voicecoil @2omh). The system is a Fosgate 401sp to a single comp vr. It was wired, neg to neg, pos to pos, one feed coming from pos and one from neg to amp. This was for about a year, then one day while switching songs it stopped. I got home and pulled sub out of box to discover the wires going to Voice coils were fried. When I Purchased this sub it was Buy One Get One and I have the 2nd still brand new. I want to get the system back up and thumpin, but dont want to blow this one in a year. This amp should not blow this sub, but.......I am stumped. Also is just a pre-fab box from Best-Buy. Any help or suggestions would be great help to getting the system thumpin again. Thanks in advance

How much did you buy these subs for? My guess is if you bump your speakers a lot....then a about a year is about what you're going to get out of them.

about 125 for both. Bump hard a few times a week but listen to them at normal levels everyday. Just puzzled and stumped. Thank for insight. Any recemmendation for x-over level? Would airspace be an issue? It is just a pre made box from best buy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.