How would I connect this new headunit/ door speakers to an amp??

Participant count
  • Participants list

AySly

Modesto
My dumbass fell for the big cheap china touchscreen for my commuter car and wanted to put some after market speakers in the doors 90 watt rms each..
Im going to buy an amplifier but im wondering what exactly I would need to install this given that I bought the wrong cheap ass china touchscreen and it only has two rca's Left out, Right out.I would much appreciate any tips or shortcuts to save money on this. I dont care how it gets done aslong as the speakers are amplified haha. Thank you!.

This is the cheap china crap im working with

Two ways you can do this. It looks like that head unit has speaker level outputs. So you could get an amp that will recieve speaker inputs. Or the preferred method would be to use a dsp. You could run one of both rca outputs from that head into the dsp, and then direct which signal to send to each amp channel.

Two ways you can do this. It looks like that head unit has speaker level outputs. So you could get an amp that will recieve speaker inputs. Or the preferred method would be to use a dsp. You could run one of both rca outputs from that head into the dsp, and then direct which signal to send to each amp channel.
This is the amp I purchased, would this work?

This is the amp I purchased, would this work? View attachment 26315
4.7 out of 5 stars 22Reviews

Kicker KXA4004 KXA400.4 4x100w 4-ch Full Range Class D Amplifier

It states that it has speaker level inputs. The manual should tell you how to hook them up.
I appreciate it very much buddy, so then should I just use two Y splitters and a one of these?

Attachments

• F92DB40D-4177-4291-BA5C-0C1911763F73.jpeg
    F92DB40D-4177-4291-BA5C-0C1911763F73.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 58
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.