How trustworthy are Hifonic amps?

Participant count
  • Participant list
So basically I could get one as a temporary replacement for a better amp when I have the money? If so what amp should I get in place of the Hifonics amp?

So basically I could get one as a temporary replacement for a better amp when I have the money? If so what amp should I get in place of the Hifonics amp?
I mean if you're already saving money for a better amp, don't waste your money on a temporary to waste even more money. What's your budget and how many true rms watts are you planning to run? what's your current sub setup?

I mean if you're already saving money for a better amp, don't waste your money on a temporary to waste even more money. What's your budget and how many true rms watts are you planning to run? what's your current sub setup?
Sorry put amp in place of subs in original post. I want to have two of these subs running at 4 ohms. It says that the sub will run 400 a piece, but i know that's bull. My budget is hopefully around $200 but i could go up to around $300.

I have a bxi 1200.1 running a ss R3 d2 wired at one ohm and I have no problems, amp doesn't get hot at all, I have run it for about 30-40 min. straight at vol. level 55 on my 80prs while tunning one night and my hifonics 4 ch. was almost too hot to touch and my mono was luke warm...... depending on your budget I would think you can get a lot better subs and amp for around the same or slightly more.

hell, i'll sell you mine for $250 shipped sub and amp. only used for a few weeks, barley even broke in.

Sorry put amp in place of subs in original post. I want to have two of these subs running at 4 ohms. It says that the sub will run 400 a piece, but i know that's bull. My budget is hopefully around $200 but i could go up to around $300.
Well I would say those subs can handle a good 300w each. With amps, you would like to have more headroom so that you can run your amp more efficient and cooler.

This is what I would look at if you're looking for reliable and cheap. It's well within your budget too.

Mono Block

If you can afford it, go for the 1200w amp if you ever decide to go with a bigger setup. only just a little more than the 750w amp. If anything WAIT until black friday, they MIGHT go on sale. Buying used would be your best bet though.

Also, I would look into building a ported box for your subs. Don't buy prefab. Measure your trunk and see how much space you willing to give up.

Also, I would look into building a ported box for your subs. Don't buy prefab. Measure your trunk and see how much space you willing to give up
Well that's kind of where i cheaped out. I bought some real cheap dual mount prefab sealed box. Also, would i have to worry about not having enough power from the battery to power these subs or power running into the battery on these sub?

Well that's kind of where i cheaped out. I bought some real cheap dual mount prefab sealed box. Also, would i have to worry about not having enough power from the battery to power these subs or power running into the battery on these sub?
Yea alot of people make the same mistake. You can build it yourself if you have the tools. If not, you can go to home depot and they will cut out the exact sizes that you want.. Glue them together yourself. Then find someone with a circle jigsaw to cut those holes for you. Would barely cost you anything.

Depending on the car, most can handle just a few hundred watts without any problems. Some can't. Get a digital multimeter and check your voltage while you play your music. If it drops too low, then you need a new battery. You can get the Die Hard Platinum series for a good price either at Sears or Sam's club. Heard they're really good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.