how to wire up fake alarm light, please help!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

STC1709
10+ year member

CT
ok heres the deal:

i had a compustar alarm installed in my s2000, but i had it taken out b/c i was selling the car and had it sold, but some issues happened and i ended up getting my car back, but at this point i dont really wanna spend the moeny to get it re-installed, but the guys at the shop, left the little blue light still installed in my car so its visible to people, what could i hook the light up to that would make it blink when the car is shut off? to act like i have an alarm when i really dont

basically what im asking is how do i wire you that little light to blink while the car is off?

thanks in advance

here is a pic of what it looks like:

Picture.jpg

Ground one wire and and hook the other to any power source. You need a small switch to turn it Off and On thats hidden.
wait does the switch autoamtically turn itself on and off when you strat and turn off the car?

if you want the led to turn on when the key is off you will need to find a power source that dies with the ignition off then simply use that to trip a relay (reversed model where power engages the coil to DISCONNECT the points). Most common relays are normally open, you need one that is normally closed. Then just make sure the other side has constant 12V with key on or off.

If you want it to turn off and on by its self, Use a SPDT Auto relay from any automotive store.

Make sure it has a diagram on how to wire it. Its not hard to do.

If you want it to turn off and on by its self, Use a SPDT Auto relay from any automotive store.
Make sure it has a diagram on how to wire it. Its not hard to do.
thanks this idea seems the easiest to do

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.