subaru wrx system ideas?

Participant count
  • Participant list

regal8r
5,000+ posts

I <3 my CRX
Lincoln, NE
my boss wants to put a system (minus sub) in his car. comps for the front, coax's for the rear, 4ch amp, good sq deck with a budget of around 1500 or so...does anyone have any ideas?? i was thinking about mounting the amp on the underside of the rear deck so that he has as much trunk room as possible (reason for not going with a sub is to keep space), also so that it is kinda 'stealthy'. was thinking about a pioneer p880prs deck or something.

no amps arent meant to be mounted upside down it makjes the heat travel through the board and not up through the heat sinks can melt the solder and such

no amps arent meant to be mounted upside down it makjes the heat travel through the board and not up through the heat sinks can melt the solder and such
IIRC the boards are secured to the top of the case (board on top, mosfets, transistors, etc below it) so wouldnt heat travel through the board with just regular mounting?

Is it a wagon or sedan?

I've had a few imprezas(WRX and 2.5rs).

I usually mounted the amps inside the spare tire area. Plenty of room for a 2 channel amp and a compact mono amp(if he decides sub later).

Components- you'll have to watch the depth. Anything over 2.25" or so and you'll need a spacer. Anything over 2.5" and it requires a lot of work.

I had Seas Perfs in my WRX and they're 2.5" mounting depth. I had to use a large spacer and push out the window track with washers to get that speaker to fit. The Seas were great in the car, I'd keep them if my current car had room for them.

I'd skip the coaxes for the rear. Rear size is 4" stock, I think. And people have fit 5.25" but why bother. It's all about the frontstage unless he hauls around lots of people. Even then, I 've had people in the backseat that didn't know I had no rear speakers.

He can get a sub in there without taking up too much space. Plenty of corner sub enclosures for 10's or there are a couple that fit inside the spare tire. Check out Nasioc forums and you'll find more info.

p.s. the prs880 will look really nice in there. Should match the trim. I had that deck in my Z and really liked it.

Is it a wagon or sedan?I've had a few imprezas(WRX and 2.5rs).

I usually mounted the amps inside the spare tire area. Plenty of room for a 2 channel amp and a compact mono amp(if he decides sub later).

Components- you'll have to watch the depth. Anything over 2.25" or so and you'll need a spacer. Anything over 2.5" and it requires a lot of work.

I had Seas Perfs in my WRX and they're 2.5" mounting depth. I had to use a large spacer and push out the window track with washers to get that speaker to fit. The Seas were great in the car, I'd keep them if my current car had room for them.

I'd skip the coaxes for the rear. Rear size is 4" stock, I think. And people have fit 5.25" but why bother. It's all about the frontstage unless he hauls around lots of people. Even then, I 've had people in the backseat that didn't know I had no rear speakers.

He can get a sub in there without taking up too much space. Plenty of corner sub enclosures for 10's or there are a couple that fit inside the spare tire. Check out Nasioc forums and you'll find more info.

p.s. the prs880 will look really nice in there. Should match the trim. I had that deck in my Z and really liked it.
thanks alot...just what i was lookin for

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.