how to wire Type R's

Participant count
  • Participant list
ya i wanna have it running off a 2 ohm load and how exactly would i do that... BTW if i didnt mention the type R's are 4 ohm

Roberto

if the subs are 4 ohm and i just connect them straight to the terminals wont that just keep the subs at 4 ohms, wow usually i dont get this confused...

Roberto

Alright, from what I understand, you have the type-r DVC which are 4 ohms each, meaning that you can either run them at 2 or 8 ohms. To get the most power out of your amp, then this is what you are going to have to do.

Wire the subs (the voice coil) in parrallel (positive to positive, negative to negative)

This will give you a sub which is now 2 ohms. Once this is done, just wire them up to your amp as if you were running it in stereo. The JBL BP1200.1 is a mono amp, so it will automatically run those wires in parrallel which now give you a 1 ohm load. That amp is 1 ohm stable, but you won't get an increase of power from going from 2 ohms to 1 ohm.

Those subs can handle 300 watts a piece with no problem, and they peak out at about 1000 watts, so you will be pushing more than enough power, so make sure that you adjust the gain right so that you don't over exert the subs.

If you want, you can also wire them up to a 4 ohms load to just get 600 watts. Reply if you want to know how to do that.

ya i know what your sayin but isnt there any ways i can keep the amp at 2 ohms.... cause i heard that the amp can start to overheat pretty bad when it starts gettin down to 1 ohm... but if not than thats cool

Roberto

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.