how to wire my amp to 4 speakers when stereo only has 2 RCA outputs????

Participant count
  • Participant list

bkm48198

My pioneer car stereo only has 2 RCA outputs and I have a 4 channel amp, I have the rear speakers running thru the amp via the RCA cables but don't know the best way to hook up the front speakers to the amp also. I assume I could run wires from the head unit speaker output back to the amp and then from the amp to the front speakers, or I could get a RCA splitter (1 female to 2 males). Can I use both the RCA's for the rear and also hook up the fronts thru wires to the high input or will that cause the stereo to have problems? I know I can't hook up the rears thru the wires at the same time as the RCA's but is it OK to hook up the fronts?

If I use the y spliters won't I lose the fade from front to back ? I would prefer not to lose the ability to have more power from the rear at times and the rear speakers will handle more power than my door speakers.

I didn't think of adjusting the gains. I've 54 and have never been into amps and don't have subs, just have a Mustang with a nice engine and want to be able to hear the radio better over the exhaust when I get on the freeway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.