How to wire kicker l7 to hifonics Brutus?

Sup guys I have two 10 kicker l7 600 rms each. Amp I hot a hifonics Brutus bxi 2010d. I want this to rock the **** out of my truck how should I wire without messing anything up I don't care if I'm pushing the limit. Please help

4 ohms: 650 watts x 1 chan.

2 ohms: 1300 watts x 1 chan.

1 ohm: 2000 watts x 1 chan.

Any suggestions??

Your best bet is to run them at 1 ohm(parallel coils then parallel subs). Set your gains with a dmm to limit output of amp to roughly 1000 to 1100 watts. Using a dmm put your leads in the terminals of the amp. Set gain until you get a reading of 44 volts of AC current.

If your not comfortable doing that don't run them @ 1 ohm you'll fry the subs. Instead run them @ 4 ohms(parallel coils series subs)If you don't know what parallel and series is, use the calculator at the12volt.com or just Google it.

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams, Two 2 ohm Dual Voice Coil (DVC) Speakers

tells ya what you need there..you want to wire them down to 1 ohm together to run them at their full potential.

the link says 2ohms but you can change the quantity of subs and resistance of them on the drop down menus to your subs bro..

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

here..so no confusion

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless your amp is way overrated DO NOT run them at 1 ohm without setting gain to limit output to 1000 watts. The subs won't last a week if you ignore this detail

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.