how to wire alpine spr-60c component crossover - new HU/Amp/speakers going in

Participant count
  • Participant list

Subless

Hi,

I think I have the basic idea from the picture on the side of the box, but

I wanted to verify and have a couple general questions if anyone can help.

The sub has five connectors; two wide, two narrow and one covered with plastic which I know

is related to active bypass which I don't need. Seems that most crossover boxes have input, tweeter out and sub out, whereas this one has only input and tweeter out. Seems the amp connection will have a positive going to a wide connector on the sub and negative going to one of the narrow connectors. Does it matter which negative and positive I choose, e.g. does the right hand positive match the right hand negative or anything odd like that? Guessing not. Then the other two go to the inputs on the crossover.

How should I connect the wires? Should I cut off the connectors and solder them directly on, or do most folks just use the stock connectors? That brings me to whether I should put the same kind of connectors on the wires coming from the amp or solder them. I can take pictures if needed.

Thanks for any advice.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, can someone advise on a question I have with these? I want to install the woofer in my door and tweeters in the dash, and I'd like to avoid running two sets of wires through the door harness if possible. Does anyone know if connecting both the crossover input leads and the woofer leads to the amp terminal will work the same as connecting the crossover leads to the woofer as the instructions show?

Sorry, I'm a car audio newbie and don't know enough about resistance, impedance, watts, and so forth.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.