how to wire 2 subs: 2 ohm or 4 ohm

Participant count
  • Participant list
Confused. The spec sheet says they are 1.9 ohms. When I ran the wizard it says 2 ohms. What am I missing?
Run the multimeter on each vc separately, without wires hooked up. Post the results. The pic you posted clearly states dvc4.

Confused. The spec sheet says they are 1.9 ohms. When I ran the wizard it says 2 ohms. What am I missing?
google up the model number of the sub it says dual 4 ohm. Thats what the model says then thats what the sub is, nothing is gonna change that. you have dual 4 ohm 10 inch subs. Wire them to 4 ohm or 1 ohm.

Run the multimeter on each vc separately, without wires hooked up. Post the results. The pic you posted clearly states dvc4.
I can't, they are soldered. The multimeter does read 4 ohms when measuring +/- off the leads going to the amp. Also, in looking at the spec sheet it does say DC VC res both coils in parallel = 1.9 ohms. Does that translate to 4 ohms. Yes the part number says 104dvc. You are saying that indicates they are 4 ohm?

I can't, they are soldered. The multimeter does read 4 ohms when measuring +/- off the leads going to the amp. Also, in looking at the spec sheet it does say DC VC res both coils in parallel = 1.9 ohms. Does that translate to 4 ohms. Yes the part number says 104dvc. You are saying that indicates they are 4 ohm?
Yes they are 4 ohm.

104dvc.....break it down 10=10"....4dvc=4ohm dual voice coil

OK, I bow down to y'all. I have them wired for 4 ohm operation so it looks like it will be 150 watts max to each sub (amp is 300w @ 4ohms). That should be enough, we will see. The spec sheet threw me...

Thanks to all who helped out.

So they are wired parallel from vc1 to vc2, then series from sub1 to sub2. You end up with a 4 ohm load in the end. You can wire the subs together in parallel for a 1 ohm, but you can't get to 2 ohms running both subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.