How to replace stock battery terminals?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Looking to replace my stock terminals with some aftermarket ones that will make adding my amp power and ground wires easier. the pic below show the kind of terminals im thinking about using and the other pics are my current stock terminals. cutting the ground out and replacing it is no problem, its my stock power wire with all the mini fuses and stuff attached to it im confused about. how would i replace the stock power terminal? thanks.

8A6KQNG.png
[/img]

g6WgWb4.jpg
[/img]

VkhDkAX.jpg
[/img]

clfCvHT.jpg
[/img]

wHuy81D.jpg
[/img]

65Njj5I.jpg
[/img]

I asked this question before, seems to be not a big deal. Keep stock and just clean them.

Youtube how to replace them if you are having trouble installing a new set.

A good cleaning is the way to go ..I wouldn’t replace either negative or power side ..if you want to upgrade go to a stronger battery ..I just updated my Dart similar style as your factory terminals to a brand new Duracell AGM yesterday ..I went with the biggest I could fit in the stock location which was a 24F in my car even though the stock battery is smaller ..that way I have more juice ..also your car being a unibody you’ll need to pull an equal size gnd as hot from your battery to the amp especially if you plan on using a quality amp ..unibody vehicles don’t have strong low resistance grounds in the trunk

A good cleaning is the way to go ..I wouldn’t replace either negative or power side ..if you want to upgrade go to a stronger battery ..I just updated my Dart similar style as your factory terminals to a brand new Duracell AGM yesterday ..I went with the biggest I could fit in the stock location which was a 24F in my car even though the stock battery is smaller ..that way I have more juice ..also your car being a unibody you’ll need to pull an equal size gnd as hot from your battery to the amp especially if you plan on using a quality amp ..unibody vehicles don’t have strong low resistance grounds in the trunk
i was able to to add my amp wires quite easily to the stock actually, so that worked. i did however notice that my battery is bulging on one side and after sitting all night it drops down to 11.9 volts. probably gonna need a new battery soon, my car calls for a group 35 but im hoping i can fit bigger. the battery stand is 10.25 inches long and 7 inches deep. but the actual battery compartment is quite a bit bigger in all dimensions. what do you think?

i was able to to add my amp wires quite easily to the stock actually, so that worked. i did however notice that my battery is bulging on one side and after sitting all night it drops down to 11.9 volts. probably gonna need a new battery soon, my car calls for a group 35 but im hoping i can fit bigger. the battery stand is 10.25 inches long and 7 inches deep. but the actual battery compartment is quite a bit bigger in all dimensions. what do you think?
I usually try to fit as big a battery as I can fit in my stock location it can only help when it comes to car audio ..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.