how to remove old radio

I'm not sure about that truck but i know you'll have to take part of your dash off... just look for screws around the radio and figure out how to pop that part of the dash out then when u get the dash off unplug all of it from the back and there u go

Sorry, I can't believe nobody told you yet, sorry. You need this tool it's shaped like the letter "U". There's a set of two and they'll fit in those holes on the sides of the stereo. When you insert them you'll hear a click and it will pull right out. Go to the local stereo shop and buy a wiring harness and 1/4" trim ring (they'll know what you're talking about). It'll make the install much easier.

If your radio is anything like the radio I took out of a '96 Crown Vic, all you need is a coat hanger. Cut the thing into 2 pieces and bend both in a U-shape. It works just as weoll as the overpriced tool that Ford tries to sell.

ya..taking your dash off is an option but its the wrong way to go about it. just do like everyone else said. make some U shaped things that fit in there. stick em in till they pop(lol) then pull them away from eachother and then towards you. might take you a few tries

well this has nothing really to do w/ the particular issue...but i remember one time i was trying to take the cd player out of my wifes car....didnt realize that who ever had installed it did it the right way and actually hooked that metal bar that screws into the back of alot of cd players then the bar was bolted to her frame....man now that was a pain to remove...especially when i didnt realize it was there ...couldnt figure out why it wasnt just sliding right out...he....dont know if anyone else ever had that problem but it ******

lol im having that problem right now. i installed my cd player the correct way and now it's givin me **** cuz i gotta get behind it to hook up my rcas...and i can't slide the **** thing out so now i gotta take 3-4 hours and get my whole dash off

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.