How to recone a sub with no dustcap? (ARC Black 12)

You don't glue the cap until the very last. After the cone is done
There is no cap, the whole cone is one entire piece. Here's some pics of what im talking about.

QxDwRYi.jpg

QxEhGkT.jpg

JzzTCGj.jpg

6ooV9CX.jpg

You can see the ridge on the back where the dust cap sits..
Yes i realize there is a dustcap, but it's inverted and not made to be removed like other subs. I tried warming it up with a hairdryer and then prying on the underside making my way around trying to loosen it.... Ended up finding out that the paper on the top of the cone continues down into the recess of the cone. When it finally came free it pulled up and ripped the cone all along the edges of the hole.

He said "removable dust cap" in the first post, so how is he going to take the cap off without destroying the cone?
This is exactly what happened haha. Oh well, lesson learned

All dust caps are glued on you have to pull it off then make sure it is nice and clean and glue it on with CA glue. if not buy a new 1 and glue it on

Edit I noticed you figured it out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.