How to not take up the entire trunk with a sub?

PuZo
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Long story short, I made a box as per the requirement for my 2 12"s ID IDQ's. Unfortunately it doesn't fit into my trunk(the opening is too small). I travel a lot so I need to be able to take it out. What is the best way to go about this? Right now I just have a normal box for my 12's, but the one I made is much bigger. Any suggestions? Thanks.

If you just used screws, unscrew it then piece it together in your trunk, I'm working on an 8cft box in my malibu strictly in the trunk, have to wait until I get my VVX in order to put the top on theres little room overhead and just enough room to put an amp(s) on the sides closest to the lid.

Goodluck figuring that out, try and take out all your backseats/move the front ones all the way up and try through the inside?

Get subs that require smaller cubic feet?
They won't be as loud? Am I looking at getting 10's then?

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

If you just used screws, unscrew it then piece it together in your trunk, I'm working on an 8cft box in my malibu strictly in the trunk, have to wait until I get my VVX in order to put the top on theres little room overhead and just enough room to put an amp(s) on the sides closest to the lid.
Goodluck figuring that out, try and take out all your backseats/move the front ones all the way up and try through the inside?
It will fit if it was built into my trunk, it's just that, like I said, I travel a lot so I wouldn't want to do that every time...

Some 8s hit harder than 12s. So it wont always be quiter
Go with two 10s then. My two skar vvx 10s do some work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I'm looking to go for pure SQ but at the same time be able to punch it. What brands/subs would I be looking at? Is ID still around?

Ssa dcons. 300 rms a piece and like smaller boxes. They are mainly sq but put in work too. Fairly cheap

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Or run 1 12 like sour said

Ssa dcons. 300 rms a piece and like smaller boxes. They are mainly sq but put in work too. Fairly cheap 

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Or run 1 12 like sour said
My sub's amp is a DLS and I get 1000w rms at 1ohm, so they both get 500w rms, so I'm looking to keep it around there, but I'm assuming with the Ssa dcons my amp would still be good?

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

or use the subs he has now, both of them in the correct box. Give me 10-15mins.
I have the correct box it's just that if it goes into my trunk, it's not coming out :p

My sub's amp is a DLS and I get 1000w rms at 1ohm, so they both get 500w rms, so I'm looking to keep it around there, but I'm assuming with the Ssa dcons my amp would still be good? 

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

I have the correct box it's just that if it goes into my trunk, it's not coming out :p
no what you have is what ID recommends.

do you have the user manual, ID decided to not upload the t/s specs to their new website.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.