How to improve my setup

u could do a three way up front which would give u 6.5 components + a mid bass for the kicks. then dont worry about the back at all. if u have it set up right the people in the back will hear everything, just might not sound great to them but they wont be complaining of not hearing lyrics or whatever.

Idk what my budget is, i have money to spend but im looking to get other things as well. My concern is it seems like one of my crossovers on my 5.25's are going bad and i need to get new crossovers anyway. my 2 15"s are going to be in a ported box tunes to 35hz and i know my front stage will not be able to keep up. I just looked at the silver flutes? any recomendation?

Im really trying to find out which way i should go. My 2 main priorities are making sure i have full range of frequencies. Do i need to find the cutoff point of my subs to better understand this, or is it understood that im looking for a front stage that will go from 50hz and up? should i try and just but new crossovers for the front, and put some 6.5s or 8s in the rear doors that will cover the range from 50hz to whenever my front comps pick up, or just buy a nice 3 way (or make) setup.

dose your deck have crossovers... the more crossovers..you add youll find that you will be bypassing .amp, deck,component,.. midbass what i was and am planning it a good set of comps and a seperate set of midbass easily can be run off a 4ch.

when you replace or upgrade you could donate you old stuff to me..

not joking im bassless

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no 6.5" in the world that can keep up with a pair of 15" subs playing hard. Maybe a pair of 10's in the doors can keep up. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.