How to hook up a custom install without changing Head Units?

Does anyone know about the G35 specifically? I think it has an amp in the rear deck. I wanted to get away from pulling apart my dash?

ANy converters you all recommend?

Someone here has to have some ideas.

It is my understanding that I need to tap into the speaker level inputs or line level inputs. I think my car has a factory amp in the trunk. Which interface would you recommend? Also, where would be the best location to tap into the speaker/line level inputs? And what is everyones thoughts on doing this instead of a aftermarket radio. I was looking at the Rockford 3sixty? Not sure that will work.

can pick up a low level signal at the input of the amp and splice rca's in or use a SVEN4 or similar and can grab the wiring to go to the speakers at the oem amp as well

can deff be done wihtout pulling the dash

The factory amplifer is attached to the rear deck on the drivers side mounted upside down. Ive used the Alpine PXE-H650 in these cars with much success. Be sure to catch your inputs for the interface on the input side of the amplifier as those are full range signal with no signal processing...And a quick little secret run power down the passenger side of the car if you remove the battery cover and all of the surrounding plastic there will be a grommet just below the windshield very close to the fender that will drop the wire directly to the feet of the passenger.

i used a rockford 360 signal processor on my best friends g35 sedan when i did a jl system for him which had mb quart component from the mid 90's, in the front jl 300/4 powering the component in active mode and a 500/1 powering a 10w7.

028.jpg

i took out the factory bose amp and sub and put the 360 in teh factory bose amp location

018.jpg

since the factory radio only send out low level output to the amp catching a signal was a breeze, and finding the speaker input and output and making sure whats positive and whats negative was the only test IMO

Are you apart of any Z forums? Typically for questions like this I revert back to my Prelude forum.

There should be wiring schematics of your car someplace on the net.

Without taking the HU out, It's hard to say.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.