AySly

Modesto
So this is what I currently have:

Front Speakers & Back Speakers Alpine Type R sp57c 100Watt RMS 300 watt peak

Subwoofers: MTX Thunder 5500 10" 300Watt RMS

Amplifier #1 BOSS Riot R2504 180 RMS 1,000 watt peak 4 Channel

Amplifier #2 MTX Terminator Mono t250/1 200 Watt RMS 400 Watt peak

Pioneer Stereo Deh 150-mp

My question(s) is how do I go about setting this up wiring wise. What all would I need as my stereo only has 2 RCA outputs. Also any suggestions on what I should get rid up/perhaps upgrade/buy to make things more equal.

Last edited by a moderator:
So this is what I currently have:
Front Speakers & Back Speakers Alpine Type R sp57c 100Watt RMS 300 watt peak

Subwoofers: MTX Thunder 5500 10" 300Watt RMS

Amplifier #1 BOSS Riot R2504 180 RMS 1,000 watt peak 4 Channel

Amplifier #2 MTX Terminator Mono t250/1 200 Watt RMS 400 Watt peak

Pioneer Stereo Deh 150-mp

My question(s) is how do I go about setting this up wiring wise. What all would I need as my stereo only has 2 RCA outputs. Also any suggestions on what I should get rid up/perhaps upgrade/buy to make things more equal.
Well you have a 2 part question really.... To hook up your system as it exists now, I would use the hi-low adapters that are likely included with the Boss amp and use those to hook up the R2504, I would then use the RCA's (Set to subwoofer mode)to the T-250.

As for the second part of your question of what you should change upgrade too, well it's dependent on your budget. The only parts I think right now that I would recommend keeping are the Type-R speakers, and if your not looking for a ton of bass the Thunder 5500.

I would definitely ditch the boss amp... For a budget 4 channel you can pick up the Dual XPR84D at Walmart for $89 (Add the two year extended warranty for $9), You can grab a better HU with 3 pairs of RCA outputs for under $100, and you can get a more powerful sub amp for $99 (JBL GTX500 @ Crutchfield).

So the order of what should be improved in my opinion is:

1. 4 Ch. Amp

2. HU

3. Mono Amp

4. Subwoofer

5. Speakers

Well you have a 2 part question really.... To hook up your system as it exists now, I would use the hi-low adapters that are likely included with the Boss amp and use those to hook up the R2504, I would then use the RCA's (Set to subwoofer mode)to the T-250.
As for the second part of your question of what you should change upgrade too, well it's dependent on your budget. The only parts I think right now that I would recommend keeping are the Type-R speakers, and if your not looking for a ton of bass the Thunder 5500.

I would definitely ditch the boss amp... For a budget 4 channel you can pick up the Dual XPR84D at Walmart for $89 (Add the two year extended warranty for $9), You can grab a better HU with 3 pairs of RCA outputs for under $100, and you can get a more powerful sub amp for $99 (JBL GTX500 @ Crutchfield).

So the order of what should be improved in my opinion is:

1. 4 Ch. Amp

2. HU

3. Mono Amp

4. Subwoofer

5. Speakers
I appreciate such a large and detailed response! I will definitely be selling my stereo, amp and speakers and purchasing a the ones you mentioned above or perhaps even better if I can find some used products.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.