How to have a well rounded setup with 8 speakers?

Newah

My 2003 VW Golf has 4 6.5" Door Speakers, and 4 tweeters, 2 in back, and 2 in front.

Could I get away with mid-bass range speakers in my doors since I have the tweeters? Or at least the back ones?

This way maybe I could get by without a Sub (savin money) - NOT that im EXPECTING it to sound like a have a sub, just bass that isnt distant.

Its all powered by a stock multichannel amp in the back (Monsoon)

If you want bass, you need a sub...

Although there ARE 6.5" subwoofers out there; you could put two of them in the back. You'll want some kind of crossover (or an aftermarket amp) otherwise you'll be playing higher frequencies through the sub and it'll sound like crap.

I don't need it'll sound like subs. I've never had subs in any car before and I've lived, so that's where my idea of saving money, and (for now) change out the rear speakers for Midbass ones, and install an eq for AUX input

This sounds like a pretty standard setup. two front comps + two rear comps. I'd suggest to look into getting a compact class D 5-channel amplifier. Then you can amp all speakers and potentially a subwoofer without losing much space. And should you move into higher end setups involving active 2-way front stage, then you will have enough channels to power active front + subwoofer. Alternatively, you could start with a 4-channel amplifier powering all speakers, but when the time comes to add a subwoofer, disconnect the rear speakers, bridge the two channels for a subwoofer.

I don't need it'll sound like subs. I've never had subs in any car before and I've lived, so that's where my idea of saving money, and (for now) change out the rear speakers for Midbass ones, and install an eq for AUX input
Mid bass needs to be in front of you. It starts getting in to the not omni directional freq range.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.