How to get rid of tinny sound?

it could be the tweeter and xover combination..

it could be reinforcement from the glass and panels..

it could be resonatation from the panels/doors..

deaden the doors, aim the tweeters differently and try cutting the boost around 4k and 8k..

no don't seal the door off from the speaker, you want the speaker to play into the door. You need to seal the panel to the door so it doesn't play into the space between the panel and door.

Adding sound dampening will not cure a "tinny" sound. All it will do is remove a lot of money from your wallet in exchange for a lower noise floor.

The 'sound' you're experiencing can be caused by a gritty sounding DAC in your HU, improperly aimed tweeters, and/or a cheap passive x-over. If it's the HU, buy a different HU (old school Eclipse radios sound quite smooth). If it's the tweets doing weird things from either being pointed at you, the glass, whatever - try moving them around a bit. If it's a peaky speaker or tweeter, you'll need an EQ to mellow it out. Good passive x-overs will do this while cheaper ones will not.

These would be the most common culprits anyway.

Lastly, you're speakers are in-phase with each other...right?

Lastly, you're speakers are in-phase with each other...right?
Not sure but after googling it and listening to the complaints people have had I think that's EXACTLY what the problem is. It's really been bothering me because i've messed with my amp a lot to try and figure it out. I'm gonna try that in the morning, just switch my wires around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.