Home / Live Audio Speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ninesvnsicks
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ok so my dad has this nice Adcom GFA-545II amp in the basement but he has really crappy old speakers on it atm and he really just needs a decent set of speakers for it. I want to get him a couple of nice speakers for christmas maybe have my brothers go in on them so he can actually listen to his music again. I wanted to get your guys recommendations for a nice pair of home maybe live type speakers for it with nice woofers, mids and maybe horn tweeter design or idk just something decent I'm just trying to find out whats out there that would sound good. Its in the basement so I was thinking of maybe a carpeted box? idk just let me know what you guys think.

hmm nice site the component woofer, mids and tweets are cheap are any of them good?

The dayton stuff looks nice so I'm trying to piece it all together I'd really like to make a couple 3 way boxes not sure what wood I would like to use idk if I should use mdf and carpet or a nice wood and stain. Anyone want to help me piece all the components together? a couple of nice 12-15's, mids, tweets and 3 way crossovers.

Here I'll show you have I have picked out so far to see what everyone thinks.

Dayton Audio XO3W-375/3K 3-Way Crossover 375/3,000 Hz 260-150

Goldwood GW-1244 12" Butyl Surround Woofer 4 Ohm 290-366

Goldwood GM-85/4 5" Heavy Duty Sealed Back Midrange 4 Ohm 280-110

Selenium ST200 Super Tweeter 264-348

What I'm not sure about is how all the impedance work together in the crossover system? I would like the final impedance to be 4 ohm since my dads amp is 150 rms x 2 @ 4ohm One other thing I'm not sure on is the crossovers say 375/3,000hz is that the cutoff points for the lpf and hpf? If so what about the mids do they also use the same cutoff as the tweeters?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.