How to fix a shifted motor?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cooper1123
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I bought 4 sundown e 12s and I have them installed in a 02 Silverado. They are all D4s, wired at 0.5 ohm. I was playing them and one rattled really loud and froze. I looked as if the coil had been welded to the motor and was seized up. I cut the soft parts out and the coil was perfectly fine. I looked closely at the inside of the motor and the gap was not even all the way around. It was like the slug in the center had shifted over and it will not move back. How do I fix this, who can fix this, and how does this happen? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

I believe splaudio can fix them, not sure if its worth sending to get repaired and sent back rather than just buy another one.
I already bought another one, just looking to fix this one and use it as a spare. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

i sure can fix and even build back to stock
Would ya mind sending me a price quote? Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.