How to figure out box specs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheUnderFighter
10+ year member

Beer Addict
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I don't know where it'd go?

I used to have Two 10" JLW0, in a sealed truck box, in my bronco. I've since sold the truck, kept the equipment, but was gifted Two 10" Clarion PXW1051, and still have them in that same box. Now my guess would be, that with these much larger and powerful subs, I'm likely gonna see much better performance with a new box.

So how could I find out what the ideal specs would be for my new subs in a sealed and/or ported box? Just to see how far off my current one is...

Last edited by a moderator:
Look up the specs for the subs. So long as they're not really odd, you can do something like a 2.25-2.5ft^3 ported box tuned to ~33hz and notice a big improvement in overall output. What exactly are you wishing to accomplish with the new box?

There's really no useful info on there, nothing that would say what kind of box the sub would like. If you're looking for more output, throw them in a ported box tuned around 33-35hz, and you'll notice a big difference(more-so if you have more power to put to them as well).

Well I'm glad I at least didn't miss something obvious. Is there anywhere else I could go to find out ideal box specs? Perhaps another website? Or would you suggest emailing Clarion?

Ryan, how much bigger would you say a ported box for these would be over sealed?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.