Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could be with work

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

Bitterclown
10+ year member

I would like some input on a box plan that popped into my head for my passat. I will get some measurements and a better picture drawn up when I have the time I just sketched it out real quick so I didn't forget. Again a QUICK sketch I know it looks bad but gives you and myself a reference.

IMG-20110513-00294.jpg

The front is as if you were looking at it from the front of the car, the seats will lay flush with it and it will have a slight angle and have two rear mounted speakers and the amp for the subs mounted in the middle. The back will have a port down the middle and the two subs. I am thinking about making the sub box and the box that holds the rear speakers and amp two different boxes and then putting them together in the end.

I thought I would get some input from more experienced people before I went ahead and did it since this will be my first build and am in need of as much help as possible.

Did some measurements, I can make a box 39" wide, 20" tall, and up to 30" deep, only going to go like 12" deep though, but I am really pretty much throwing this idea out and thinking about just making a simple sealed box with two 10" Alpine Type E's and the box volume would be about 5.31 with the displacement of the magnets. But for two of these the "ideal" volume would be around 1.89 so I will be working on some new box designs. Also there is the tuning requirements but I don't know what this other number means since I am totally new to this. It says F3, Q10 then 40Hz, 0.91 and I don't know what the 0.91 means so any help with that would be nice. Got all of this info from http://support.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM_SWE-1043.PDF If anyone wanted to take a look for themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
So for ideal output I would have to make a 24x12x12 box that would have a volume of 2 and idealy is like 1.98 so I guess I will put that in the back with a amp rack on top.

Optimum space for those subs sealed is 1.0 cu/ft per sub and they displace .055 cu/ft each so you will need 2.11 cu/ft total airspace.

and a 24x12x12 box is only 1.435 cu/ft because you have to compensate for the thickness of the wood.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...