How to draw a simple box in SketchUp

i have one question. ive been wondering since i have figured sketchup out yesterday....

how do you make the transparent pieces like that?

edit: lol cant believe i didnt see the above post

now for flaring the vent..

first you start off with the port the regular way.....

1radius.png

then you draw a square from the corner of the vent exit to the width that you want to make it , say you want a 3" flare, make the square 3"x3"

2radius.png

now draw a circle to from the edge of the square to the edge of the outside of the box.

3radius.png

next you start from the cender again but go to the inside edge.

4radius.png

now erase the edge of the square

5radius.png

erase the extra part of the circle.........

6radius.png

now you have a finished flared vent....

7radius.png

now you make a line on either of the ends.....and make the floor of the box solid again....

8radius.png

then pull it up and your good to go.

9radius.png

and if you want the lines to go away where the flare is, hold control and use the erase tool. it will leave the part there and erase the line.

As for adding color and textures go the the paint bucket, and go to carpets for carpet or colors for color. ( pretty self explanitory )

and if you dont want to have to color each piece the same color, courser to select the whole project and then paint it as one object

And if there are any other questions or tips that anyone would like added , speak up.
Hey, thanks for the how-to on drawing boxes... it really helped me out a lot.

Here's a question I have - When viewing the boxes in x-ray mode, I can see how the boards are placed together in the top of the box (red circles), but not in the bottom of the box (blue circles). Is there an easy way to do this or do I have to manually draw each small line in? I tried to draw each little line in once and it messed up some other things in the box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Here's a couple pics... I borrowed one of yours, I hope you don't mind

1box3.jpg

s31.png

Hey, thanks for the how-to on drawing boxes... it really helped me out a lot.
Here's a question I have - When viewing the boxes in x-ray mode, I can see how the boards are placed together in the top of the box (red circles), but not in the bottom of the box (blue circles). Is there an easy way to do this or do I have to manually draw each small line in? I tried to draw each little line in once and it messed up some other things in the box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Here's a couple pics... I borrowed one of yours, I hope you don't mind

1box3.jpg

s31.png
you can just draw them in by hand.. in that view, it will go through the pannels to the spot you need.

I have a question... How do I make a face of the box angled? I have the top dimension and the bottom dimension I need, but I do not know how to make the front of it angle.

Thanks for any help

I still can't make the radius for a flared port... it keeps erasing the entire circle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.