How to convert DVD and video on Windows/Mac

Yingguang23

London
Sometimes you might need to convert your home DVD and video then save it into a format compatible with your portable video player or a mobile phone. It often should also be of a certain size and for sure have exact parameters so that the device could playback it with no trouble. This following guide enables you to solve these problems quite easily with a few mouse clicks.

Part One: How to convert DVD on Windows/Mac

Part Two: How to convert Video on Windows/Mac

Part One: How to convert DVD on Windows/Mac

1. Things you will need: Tipard DVD Ripper (Mac Version / Windows Version).

2. Key Functions:

a. Rip DVD video to almost all the video and audio formats with fastest speed.

Tipard DVD Ripper can rip DVD to MP4, H.264, AVI, MP3, WMV, WMA, flv, MKV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, 3GP, 3GPP, VOB, DivX, Mov, RM, RMVB, M4A, AAC, WAV, etc with the fastest speed and no loss of quality.

b. Trim your video clips.

Clip any segment of your video by set the exact start and end time or just drag the slide bar.

c. Crop the play region of video

Adjust the playing region of the video to fit for your player and your favor.

d. Set the video effect

Tipard DVD Ripper provides the video effect parameters, video Brightness, Contrast, Saturation and audio volume.

e. Merge several titles or chapters of DVD into one file

With several files merged into one file for output, you'll enjoy a single long movie with a single click.

3. Quick Start:

Step 1. Download and install Tipard DVD Ripper.

Mac Intle users: Click Here to download.

Mac PowerPC users: Click Here to download.

Windows user: Click Here to download.

Let's take Tipard DVD Ripper(windows version) as an example:

dvd-ripper-main.jpg

Step 2. Load your DVD and select the right output format according to your need.

profile.jpg

Step 3. Start the Conversion

After you choose the right output format file and make some settings, click "Start". You can choose to shut down your computer or open the output folder after conversion.

Part Two: How to convert Video on Windows/Mac

1. Things you will need: Tipard Video Converter (Mac Version / Windows Version).

2. Key Functions:

a. Support the mutual conversion between all video formats.

Tipard Video Converter can convert between most popular video and audio formats.

Input Formats: MPG, MPEG, MPEG2, VOB, MP4, M4V, RM, RMVB, WMV, ASF, TS, MKV, AVI, 3GP, FLV, MPV, MOD, TOD, MP3, MP2, AAC, AC3, WAV, MID, MIDI, WMA, M4A, RA, RAM .

Output Formats: MP4, H.264, AVI, MP3, WMV, WMA, FLV, MKV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, 3GP, 3GPP, VOB, DivX, Mov, RM, RMVB, M4A, AAC, WAV, OGG, RA.

b. Extract audio from video files.

Tipard Video Converter can take out the audio from video and convert it to M4A, MP3, AC3, AAC, WMA, WAV, OGG.

c. Trim your video length.

Clip any segment of your video exactly.

d. Crop the play region

Adjust the playing region of the video to fit for your player and your favor.

e. Merge into one file

Provide to join several video files into only one file.

3. Quick Start:

Step 1. Download and install Tipard Video Converter.

Mac Intle users: Click Here to download.

Mac PowerPC users: Click Here to download.

Windows user: Click Here to download.

Let's take Tipard Video Converter(windows version) as an example:

video-main.jpg

Step 2. Load your videos and select the right output format

Choose the output format from the "profile" dropdown list according to your need.

This video conversion software lets you set video brightness, contrast, saturation, crop video, trim video and even merge multiple files into one file.

Step 3. Start the Conversion

After you choose the right output format file and make some settings, click "Start". You can choose to shut down your computer or open the output folder after conversion.

I used to buy a lot of DVDs, but since I split my time between the US and Europe, I found that half my discs wouldn't play on my Powerbook. Apple only lets you switch regions five times (though the studios actually say you're allowed to do this 25 times -- Apple actually imposes more restrictions than it has to), so I quickly ran out of region-switches and just gave up on DVDs for a while.

Thanks, DVD Converter Suite for Mac, for giving me back the access to my property that the MPAA and Apple took away.

This DVD Converter Suite for Mac actually includes two useful software: DVD Ripper for Mac and Video Converter for Mac.

It is everything you need to rip your DVD videos and convert your video files on Mac OS X for iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Zune, Xbox 360, PS3, iRiver, Sony Walkman, Nokia, Creative Zen, Archos, PMP, Smart Phone, Pocket PC, cell phone, MP4 player, MP3 player, and many other video and audio players.

dvd-converter-suite-sc.jpg

Key Functions:

1. Rip DVD to popular video and audio formats on Mac OS X

Rip DVD on Mac to AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV, WMV, DivX, XviD, MPEG-1/2, 3GP, 3G2, VOB… video formats, and MP3, AAC, AC3…audio formats.

2. Convert any video to almost all popular video and audio formats on Mac OS X

Aiseesoft Video Converter for Mac is a professional Mac Video Converter that can convert between all popular video formats, including AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV, WMV, DivX, XviD, MPEG-1/2, 3GP, 3G2, VOB...video formats, and MP3, AAC, AC3...audio formats.

3. Support all popular portable players

It is everything you need to rip your DVD videos and convert your video files on Mac OS X for iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Zune, Xbox 360, PS3, iRiver, Sony Walkman, Nokia, Creative Zen, Archos, PMP, Smart Phone, Pocket PC, cell phone, MP4 player, MP3 player, and many other video and audio players.

4. Provide all your wants of DVD and video editing

Video trimming, movie cropping and video effecting to cater what you need.

For Windows user i found this Best DVD Converter Suite which actually includes three useful software: Best DVD Ripper, Total Video Converter and iPod to Computer Transfer. With it you can easily convert DVD and video to all the popular formats, transfer songs and video from iPod/iPhone to PC with super fast conversion speed and excellent image and sound quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.